• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA767AV8TOR said:
Hey Pylut,

Do I detect a threat???

And, we wonder why this profession continues to nose dive.

Why don't you come out of your hole and explain in detail about the misdeeds and underhanded dealings.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

AA767AV8TOR

Threat? not from me. The only threat you should worry about is your own bad karma coming back around to bite you in the arse.

When it does, listen carefully, you just might hear someone laughing.

stlflyguy said:
How about this found during a Yahoo! search:

"APA met with the TWA-MEC to discuss seniority from February through August of 2001 under the auspices of a “facilitator” provided by American. The two unions were unable to reach an agreement (552a). Unknown to the Class, on July 10, 2001, APA entered into a so-called “Transition Agreement” with AA mandating that the AA and TWA-LLC seniority lists be combined pursuant to APA’s and AA’s existing Collective Bargaining Agreement (“Greenbook”) and granting AA pilots furlough protection (551-552a). Thus, the “facilitated discussions” between APA and the Class were a sham — AA and APA were negotiating and reached an agreement at the same time same that APA and the Class were holding “facilitated” discussions on precisely the same issue — the seniority integration of the Class."

Stlflyguy,

So what’s your point??

You had already signed away your rights as terms of the AA-TWA acquisition. Besides a no-furlough clause is not worth the paper it is written on:

"American, however, conditioned its purchase offer and its commitment to employ TWA’s unionized work force, including its pilots, on a waiver by the TWA unions of certain labor protective provisions of their collective bargaining agreements (“CBAs”), including provisions providing for the arbitration of seniority integration issues, that were in conflict with the CBAs American had with its employee unions, including the APA, which represented the American pilots."

Good luck in court. I still think as a group, the TWA pilots, came out quite good (not great) in the acquisition. Maybe the judge will buy your arguments. Hopefully, the recalls will start soon.

Still looking forward (but will be checking six for any backstabbers),

AA767AV8TOR

pylut said:
Threat? not from me. The only threat you should worry about is your own bad karma coming back around to bite you in the arse.

When it does, listen carefully, you just might hear someone laughing.

Pylut,

Either state your intentions or go back to your cave in the mountains.

Laughing at another’s misfortunes, especially lately in aviation, is beyond low.

Bad karma, Pylut you better take a good look in the mirror.

You are worth exactly what you negotiate.

AA767AV8TOR

AA767AV8TOR said:
Stlflyguy,

So what’s your point??

I still think as a group, the TWA pilots, came out quite good (not great) in the acquisition.

AA767AV8TOR

What an Idiot! Did they give you an IQ test when they interviewed you?
Mach8Forest

Mach8Forest said:
What an Idiot! Did they give you an IQ test when they interviewed you?
Mach8Forest

Hey Mach8Forest,

If I'm such an idiot, I guess you have a slam dunk in court. Good luck with the judge and your attorneys. I hope they are not overcharging you.

AA767AV8TOR

Wow, this thread has reached new lows here on FI!

While you guys are pounding away at each other, I'll second the posts made by AAflyer and Hangin'On regarding our upcoming negotiations, which is what this thread is really all about. Let's get that bar going back up!

AA767AV8TOR said:
Pylut,

Either state your intentions or go back to your cave in the mountains.

Laughing at another’s misfortunes, especially lately in aviation, is beyond low.

Bad karma, Pylut you better take a good look in the mirror.

You are worth exactly what you negotiate.

AA767AV8TOR

Thanks anyway, but I'll not be taking moral advice from the likes of you. thanks for the smile, the thought of an aa pilot giving moral advice gave me the giggles :)
I don't have a cave, but I do enjoy the cabin in the mountains quite a bit.

The DFW-HNL issue IS NOT a Sup. CC issue. There is absolutely no requirement for AA to staff ANY international flights with TWA pilots protected under Sup. CC.

Please continue the shortening of your lives... :rolleyes: TC

aa73 said:
Wow, this thread has reached new lows here on FI!

While you guys are pounding away at each other, I'll second the posts made by AAflyer and Hangin'On regarding our upcoming negotiations, which is what this thread is really all about. Let's get that bar going back up!

Almost sounds like C&R, huh?

I'll try one last time...Supp CC screwed a lot of people. Carty, Icahn, ALPA, and APA stepped on it/collected their own pile/bailed on representation/looked out for themselves respectively. I'll bet we all can agree on all of the above. Now, let's be big boys and girls and step up to the plate and finally hit one out of the park!!

The only way this is going to happen is to put the past where it belongs and work on the future. If we don't, it will make Supp CC look like the best deal anyone ever got.

Why is this such a hard concept?

stlflyguy said:
Illegally? No.

Ask Mr. Bloch...or was it Kasher?

Are you an Eagle pilot who can't understand a contract or a grievance arbitration ruling?

stlflyguy

No, I am a former Eagle guy who moved on and was just tossing some flame bait. However, I did enjoy flying with both Natives and Teeway's, except for all the pissn and moaning about each other. Get over it and move on before you all die a lonely pathetic death whining about how you were wronged. We all have been screwed to some degree along our career: fight your battle, take your lumps, and roll on.

Latest resources

Back