• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APA's Prez Throws Down on Management

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One of the things that Supp CC guaranteed was the recall of furloughed TWAers with the right expectations to a Captain seat in Saint Louis...granting those few TWAers on the property system wide bidding with pay protection does nothing for the other pilots to whom Supp CC made guarantees.

But that's what happens when you integrate in such a way that you put people who hadn't even passed basic indoc ahead of people who were awaiting captain training.

Supp CC is an agreement between AA and APA. If APA agrees to change it, who can legitimately stop them? Do they need the approval of the membership, or the SLT pilot group, or ALPA?

Would AA likely use the numbers involved to present their case? AA is now smaller than it was pre-TWA merger. In other words, they have shrunk the equivalent of the entire TWA fleet and then some. Combine that fact with the proposed pay protection and the savings to AMR, would it pass muster with a judge? What else is involved? From reading the previous posts it sounds like unless APA gives deference to TWA pilots, the proposal could be held up. Does anyone know?

ils2minimums said:
From reading the previous posts it sounds like unless APA gives deference to TWA pilots, the proposal could be held up. Does anyone know?

I sure as heck don't know. I'm just the messenger. Don't shoot me! :D

I guess it appears like it's not a good deal.

ils2minimums said:
Supp CC is an agreement between AA and APA. If APA agrees to change it, who can legitimately stop them? Do they need the approval of the membership, or the SLT pilot group, or ALPA?

Would AA likely use the numbers involved to present their case? AA is now smaller than it was pre-TWA merger. In other words, they have shrunk the equivalent of the entire TWA fleet and then some. Combine that fact with the proposed pay protection and the savings to AMR, would it pass muster with a judge? What else is involved? From reading the previous posts it sounds like unless APA gives deference to TWA pilots, the proposal could be held up. Does anyone know?

The assertion that APA would probably be looking at a DFR suit is probably correct. And if there's any harm done (status, pay, benefits, etc.) then I would think it would be very easy to prove to a court that there are few remedies other than reorganizing a seniority list or re-implementing Supp CC as it was.

Just a guess.

stlflyguy

aa73 said:

Understood! Hard to gauge "tone" on the Electronic Fist Fight....

stlflyguy

Applemac,

You have hit the nail on the head. These arrogant P.O.S.'s hadn't even figured out how to flare when you and I were flying jets and they want to preempt us? They need to ESADMF... just digressing a bit..

aa73 said:

This just in: APA Legal said that ANY change to Sup. CC would open APA up to a huge lawsuit.

This rumor is being floated by the PDP'ers. TC

You are worth exactly what you negotiate.
AA767AV8TOR

flyzjetz said:
UHHH! And this comes from a guy who states he is down to 1994 wages excluding 25% inflation.

Flyzjetz,

I guess you are not too familiar with what went down in Contract 2003. I wouldn’t call our last contract any type of negotiation. Dictated terms are more like it. It’s very difficult to negotiate with a gun held to your head. The company was able to get 23% pay cuts off an industry lagging contract!!!

With the company again making money, we’re determined to make the outcome vastly different than the 2003 fiasco.

AA767AV8TOR

Latest resources

Back