Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone know this guy running for ALPA pres?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jonny Sacko said:
Our union careers are so undersupported, I'd say we should drop ALPA and start an association. Doctors have one, they are still able to manage their lives, getting pummeled from the insurance companies, but they are able to stand up and fight much better than we are. Our industries are very similar in the end result.

Our union careers are undersupported...by rank and file Pilots.

Here's one for ya...At a "legacy" carrier in BK recently, a few members of the MEC wanted to take some time to look over a proposal from the company and would not send it out for membership ratification until they knew more of the details. Some members of the MEC were so afraid of upsetting the company on this delay that they encouraged a public protest at one of their hubs.

This event was covered by both the local print and TV media. In this group was a pilot who brought his toddler in a stroller that had a sign on the front that read..."Please let my Daddy vote". How's that for a profile in courage? This kid was on the front page of the next day's newspaper and on TV. Boy, don't you just know that management was slapping themselves on the back seeing this take place?

One MEC member was reported to have told the negotiating committee, "Just bring back a deal...any deal." But some still want to blame ALPA national....sure ....

"Drop ALPA and start an association." And just who do you think would be the people running for office in that new association? The very same people who are there now....and they would still be struggling to do the best they can with the minimal support they have from the rank and file.

Tejas

... By electing as your Union President, a pilot who has served as a foot soldier and a leader during organizing efforts, strikes and contract campaigns against management teams as varied as Lorenzo, Ornstein, Siegel, Ferguson and Bethune--you will tell managers we know how to make contracts or we know how to fight....
In Solidarity,

John Prater

Works for me.

I commute with him quite often and can tell you he is a nice guy. I always appreciated his support for all the TSA pilots against GoJet. ALPA needs new leadership and he would be a good leader

Jonny Sacko said:
OR:::::

If we could all just get off our rumps and vote at the next MEC meeting, it would accomplish much, such as, more than 40% in approval. If we could spread the word, please, please get involved. At least as much as GO TO THE MEC MEETING". <------ I don't know, just an idea of not pissing off, but calling for help??

Unless you are an elected rep YOU DON"T VOTE at an MEC MEETING! Unfortunately the membership is pretty ignorant to ALPA affiars...

Not sure what Prater in depth experience is.. usually, you do National work before you take the helm.

Lot's of aircraft carrrier and squadron CO's are XO's first.

Kick Worthless out of the ALPA office so he can enjoy a REAL NICE CONTRACT at NWA. LIFE has been really nice for good ole Duane. Golfing, Chauffers, Pension, 400k/yr, etc, blah, blah, blah......It is time for him to come to reality.

Cya

TSA145 said:
I commute with him quite often and can tell you he is a nice guy. I always appreciated his support for all the TSA pilots against GoJet.

Very intelligent.

I am voting for him !!! In office now, will be voting them out, even in the national election=good bye republicans, thanks for high gas prices for our families and for our companies=(pay cut), thanks for the war that has killed over 5500 people, and you can still walk across our borders! Containers are not checked, TSA changed uniforms that helped, shoe bomber! Everyone should watch United 93, will give you a great kick in the shorts when the military can not reach the president or Vice pres.-but they make us safer??

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Not sure what Prater in depth experience is.. usually, you do National work before you take the helm.

Lot's of aircraft carrrier and squadron CO's are XO's first.

That's EXACTLY why he is a good candidate. I'm sure those feeding at the ALPA trough are scared to death of someone like Prater. They'd better dust off their manuals and get ready to go back to the line. :D TC

AA717driver said:
That's EXACTLY why he is a good candidate. I'm sure those feeding at the ALPA trough are scared to death of someone like Prater. They'd better dust off their manuals and get ready to go back to the line. :D TC

Wow... so he may or may not be able to address a Congressional Hearing. Let's vote him in.... and find out!

How's the TWA lawsuit coming....

Latest resources

Back