Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone know this guy running for ALPA pres?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JP4user said:
The ALPA jet has already crashed and burned. Along with the contracts and retirements for thousands of ALPA's members.

Nope... you crash and burned.. then you retired. But it is too late. You could've been a player for your entire career, but you only figured that out afterwards.

Instead, you were just another pilot sucking on the ALPA/company/economic/pre 9-11 tit. A dependant. You never took care of the source and prepared your war chest, so when the hard times hit you got hammered and now it is someone elses fault.

JP4user said:
But according to you twe can take solace that the ALPA political machine is intact. Good thing too...I don't know what the elitists would do without being able brown nose their way around Washington.

Maybe they'd go back to flying the line and you and your active buddies can represent yourselves. I'm sure you 'd do a better job.... :rolleyes:

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Nope... you crash and burned.. then you retired. But it is too late. You could've been a player for your entire career, but you only figured that out afterwards.

Pretty broad assumptions about my union airline life and contributions..but not surprising from you. Tell me how I crashed and burned by escaping with my retirement before my ALPA masters robbed it? Tell me how I am burned making far more now as a BBJ Captain after seeing the light that ALPA has become nothing but a weak ineffectual organization far out of touch with the membership?

Today's ALPA has become an orgainzation of nothing but life support for the power elite in National on a political and monetary basis.

Now Rez, I was the smart one as I could see what was taking place around me and bailed. The ALPA machine is out of control and it is going to take a major change to get back on the airway. People like you that have no clue as to the terrible position ALPA is now in will continue to loss airspeed and altitude.

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Instead, you were just another pilot sucking on the ALPA/company/economic/pre 9-11 tit. A dependant. You never took care of the source and prepared your war chest, so when the hard times hit you got hammered and now it is someone elses fault.

This is the exact attitude why ALPA is a failing organization. Strike that. A failed organization.

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Maybe they'd go back to flying the line and you and your active buddies can represent yourselves. I'm sure you 'd do a better job.... :rolleyes:

I doubt it. Duane will probably get some feather bedding political consulting position. After all, this is only what he has been doing for years instead of truly leading by example. How could the poor man survice on a $400K payvut and live like his peers. The porr bastard I really feel for him.

JP4user said:
Pretty broad assumptions about my union airline life and contributions..but not surprising from you. Tell me how I crashed and burned by escaping with my retirement before my ALPA masters robbed it? Tell me how I am burned making far more now as a BBJ Captain after seeing the light that ALPA has become nothing but a weak ineffectual organization far out of touch with the membership?

So I don't get it... if you are doing fine, then why all the vitrol?

JP4user said:
Today's ALPA has become an orgainzation of nothing but life support for the power elite in National on a political and monetary basis.

Not sure if ALPA has really changed over the years... so how has it become? ALPA just hasn't lived up to your unrealistic expectations....

JP4user said:
Now Rez, I was the smart one as I could see what was taking place around me and bailed. The ALPA machine is out of control and it is going to take a major change to get back on the airway. People like you that have no clue as to the terrible position ALPA is now in will continue to loss airspeed and altitude.

No, I agree ALPA needs fixing.. I'm am just sticking it out.. trying to fix it. Make it better. I didn't quit....like you.

JP4user said:
This is the exact attitude why ALPA is a failing organization. Strike that. A failed organization.

If you believe that it is a failed organization then it is.... now what? Obviously you care otherwise you wouldn't be going back and forth with me...

JP4user said:
I doubt it. Duane will probably get some feather bedding political consulting position. After all, this is only what he has been doing for years instead of truly leading by example. How could the poor man survice on a $400K payvut and live like his peers. The porr bastard I really feel for him.

Your personal attacks are baseless. Why attack? Have you been attacked? Recall, I gave you the number to ALPA National to call and get some information. It's toll free. Care to get informed and discuss the issue or do you want to be pissed off....

oh yeah I almost forgot about Rez's third favorite mantra...

"you're a quitter"

Laughable. someone goes on to better things and they're a quitter.

rah rah rah.

what a joke.

I wouldn't take him as a Rah rah rah, he's one of the idiots that think "ALL IS WELL, NO CHANGES NEEDED". He's the exact reason for the current uprising, that will end with worth and gang getting KICKED to the curb! Rez is probably Worth or his little "boys". Either way I give him no credence or intelligence into the subject. He's so jaded into himself and the worth group, he can't see straight. He's no Rah Rah for me, or any ALPA member in my family or i know.

My $.02, John Prater has forgotten more about organized labor than a lot of people will ever learn. I have flown with him many times and can say he is one of the most knowledgable, down-to-earth, and sensible men I have ever met. He comes from a union family and I believe his wife is a former TWA flight attendant. He has never missed a march of any kind. He is a mainstay at the Labor Day parade in Manhattan, and is always the one spearheading support for national events.

He is a great choice.

Latest resources

Back