Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder why the difference in info: From the NWAALPA Web:

I am in DC-9 F/O initial training now.

Both Dom and Scott said the same thing. Down to 50 or so DC-9's by the end of 2008. Keeping the -40 and -50's. Scott did say that the untilization on the 9 will be going up.

Ed XXXXXXX

Heyas Occam,

Supposedly this news has been confirmed by the DC-9 Fleet Captain. All DC-9-30s gone in 08, with only the -40s and -50s remaining. That's over 50 hulls gone, to the tune of about 600+ pilots. You might want to give him a call to see whats up.

Things could always change, but in fairness, anyone considering NWA should be prepared for a possible flush to Compass.

Nu

If 600 pilots get flushed only about 360 would go to Compass the rest would be on the street.So any new hired would be on the street along with 200+ currently on the NW list.

It just does not seem to make any $$$ sense that they would hire, only to flush and furlough. But I'm not the decision maker either.

I would still enjoy the chance to even get the call. I would rather be there wondering if I will have a job, than where I am now, and still wondering.

Hey, I start training in October. Is everyone going to the 9 for sure? Any going to the 320? Oh, and is it just $75 a day the whole time? Thanks!

Did anyone have trouble attaching your resume, to the first app. Or is it just because i have a mac?

Occam's Razor,
As an ex ACA / FLYi guy and having the utmost respect of NW pilots, do you forsee NW attempting to change any of the flow agreements with Compass to help with Compass recruiting etc. . . . I don't think CPZ is having a problem, but obviously the regionals in general are having a staffing issue. Since CPZ is near and dear to NW, do you see anything in the pipeline that we don't know or expect?

Thanks!

I don't think so. It's always possible, but I think the price we would charge for any significant changes would make it too expensive for management. Since the CPZ contract is in ink now, we're in the "that'll cost ya!" phase.

If CPZ has difficulty finding qualified pilots, they might have to start paying pilots better.

Scott wasn't in...so I talked to Dom. His reaction: "Ha! That's a good one! We're going to hire 350 pilots over the next 12-months...just so we can flush 600 pilots to Compass! That sounds like a great money-making idea! How will we make up the cost of the extra training cycles? Volume! Volume! Volume!"

Um...tell your source to try cutting-back to one spoonful of crack on his morning bowl of Special K.
Those planes will be parked but the additional pilots are being hired to cover the ramped up flying to cover the loss of the -30s.....Another great plan from the top. Also, hiring a bunch of guys an furloughing them right away is something I wouldn't put past the EMT.

It just does not seem to make any $$$ sense that they would hire, only to flush and furlough. But I'm not the decision maker either.

I would still enjoy the chance to even get the call. I would rather be there wondering if I will have a job, than where I am now, and still wondering.

Expensive or not, NW had to show that they were doing something about the staffing and all the cancelled flights because the passengers were pissed. NW has already demonstrated that they have no problem hiring and then furloughing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back