Anyone heard from NWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All,
Figured it out... I'm sitting at 500 multi so don't meet the mins. Problem is I can't fix it even with >1000 hrs in the F-16 so I guess I'm SOL...Later

You're kidding right? I think your flight times would look good to any hiring board.

You're kidding right? I think your flight times would look good to any hiring board.

Thanks Rook,

The system seems fairly automated though... So I doubt anyone will even see an app if "mins" aren't met. Most places allow >1000 single seat fighter to compensate for the ME time but NWA doesn't (at least for now) and who knows if it will ever change. It probably only affects a handful of dudes any way.

Later.

Whoa! I think you're getting bad gouge. The corp can't gross $12B without the DC-9 fleet...and the RJ's on order can't cover it.

Heyas Occam,

Supposedly this news has been confirmed by the DC-9 Fleet Captain. All DC-9-30s gone in 08, with only the -40s and -50s remaining. That's over 50 hulls gone, to the tune of about 600+ pilots. You might want to give him a call to see whats up.

Things could always change, but in fairness, anyone considering NWA should be prepared for a possible flush to Compass.

Nu

Supposedly this news has been confirmed by the DC-9 Fleet Captain. All DC-9-30s gone in 08, with only the -40s and -50s remaining. That's over 50 hulls gone, to the tune of about 600+ pilots. You might want to give him a call to see whats up.

Things could always change, but in fairness, anyone considering NWA should be prepared for a possible flush to Compass.

Scott wasn't in...so I talked to Dom. His reaction: "Ha! That's a good one! We're going to hire 350 pilots over the next 12-months...just so we can flush 600 pilots to Compass! That sounds like a great money-making idea! How will we make up the cost of the extra training cycles? Volume! Volume! Volume!"

Um...tell your source to try cutting-back to one spoonful of crack on his morning bowl of Special K.

Scott wasn't in...so I talked to Dom. His reaction: "Ha! That's a good one! We're going to hire 350 pilots over the next 12-months...just so we can flush 600 pilots to Compass! That sounds like a great money-making idea! How will we make up the cost of the extra training cycles? Volume! Volume! Volume!"

Um...tell your source to try cutting-back to one spoonful of crack on his morning bowl of Special K.

Will do!;)

I always preferred beer on my Rice Crispies. Snap, Crackle, Burp....

See ya in the schoolhouse in Jan!

Nu

According to Stephanie, DC9 Captain initial awards are going to increase from 10-15/month to 20+. A sure sign of reduction in flying........

According to HR hiring will pick up to 40/month with plans to increase DC9 training and possible A320 new hires after recall pilots have bid up. That's closer to 500 pilots....

Occam's Razor,
As an ex ACA / FLYi guy and having the utmost respect of NW pilots, do you forsee NW attempting to change any of the flow agreements with Compass to help with Compass recruiting etc. . . . I don't think CPZ is having a problem, but obviously the regionals in general are having a staffing issue. Since CPZ is near and dear to NW, do you see anything in the pipeline that we don't know or expect?

Thanks!

According to Stephanie, DC9 Captain initial awards are going to increase from 10-15/month to 20+. A sure sign of reduction in flying........

According to HR hiring will pick up to 40/month with plans to increase DC9 training and possible A320 new hires after recall pilots have bid up. That's closer to 500 pilots....

That is all good news. When I spoke with Troy S. a couple weeks ago, he said they were going to hire as many a month as could be trained. They were having a meeting to see if there was any way to increase trainings through-put.

Hopefully this means more blocks to be awarded soon.

Latest resources

Back