• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone heard from NWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It just does not seem to make any $$$ sense that they would hire, only to flush and furlough. But I'm not the decision maker either.

I would still enjoy the chance to even get the call. I would rather be there wondering if I will have a job, than where I am now, and still wondering.
I don't think it's about the $$$ to train people - it's all PR. All the cancellations they had in the end of June and July really caught the attention of business travelers. What's the use of buying a seat on an airline for a business deal if the flight gets cancelled? Of course, we all know that NWA mgmt doesn't care about hiring some pilot, having them leave their jobs then furloughing them in six months - they've already done that once!

Not Once...Twice

Of course, we all know that NWA mgmt doesn't care about hiring some pilot, having them leave their jobs then furloughing them in six months - they've already done that once!
No...at least twice that I am personally aware of!:mad:

Nope - don't know all.....never professed to know all -- what I do know is that I had no trouble attaching a file and 2 of my friends had trouble (both using Macs) -- coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not.

Mac's have about a 10% market share...I think there's a good reason it's so low. The only good thing about a Mac is the competition it brings in the PC industry.

ok so at any rate, even tho this is totally off topic, i'll simply say this. As a certified tech on the mac and a life long pc user, the mac is far easier to use, never crashes, ive never gotten a virus or spyware, and I run windows and OSX on it. I can run any windows or mac program, and the mac is far and away preferred for cinematic and animation applications. 99.9% of people that try a mac for a week don't go back unless they have to for work, and even now, with windows running natively, thats happening less and less.

Anyway, back to northwest......

macs rule. you can quote market share, but the mac's market share has been growing while the others are shrinking.

Heyas,

Your sim could probably be in anything that is handy, from a 747-200 to a DC-9.

I took mine in the DC-9-10 mini-me sim. Whoo hoo! what a hoot. It was like trying to balance two ping pong balls on top of of each other. Gotta love an airplane where thrust>>drag.

FWIW, I spent a few Benjies at Flighttsafety down in MIA for 2 hours in their -30 sim. It helped a bit, procedure wise, but the power settings/airspeeds were completely different.

I miss that airplane....

Nu

Latest resources

Back