Anyone got the latest at Kalitta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

What's up with hiring at Kalitta?

Heard they were having classes in September, assuming they've filled those...

Any plans for more soon? Whats a brutha gotta do to get a call these days!?

Last I Knew..

For those interested in Kalitta's future hiring. I believe there will be no more hiring after the September class . My understanding is the company is bottle necked in the training department/check airman. They have put about 52 First Officers through training this year, along with 33 Flight Engineers and a number of Captain upgrades. Not every canidate made it through training, however, to my knowledge less than a handful did not make it. My guess is Kalitta will resume training in January, but that is not confirmed by anyone in the know. Good luck in the job search all, and safe flying!

Those who didn't make through the training, what kind of flight experience did they have? and what kind of problems did they have?

Does the company try to help you out or are you on your own?

Fyi..

I don't know what the difficulty's of the individuals that did'nt make it. Nor would I want to speculate on any personal circumstances that may have lead up to their having trouble getting through. I can say that Kalitta will bend over backwards to help you get through, and they by no means wash people out without working with them in their areas of difficulty. On the other side of the coin they are not going to lower the standards of the training. And will expect anyone going through the program to demonstrate a high standard of proficiency. They are upgrading folks very quickly, and with that they know that individuals will be required to show a "higher level of ability" in order to be ready when upgrade comes around. They are a very good company to work for. And I expect the future of Kalitta, show's great potential for growth.

What does it take to get on with Kailitta as a Flight Engineer? You see the company in Miami (Aero Service) have these job fairs. I called them and asked them a few questions and they said that some people get hired as flight engineers just after doing their program. Is there any truth to this or do you need lots of flight time as well. I was just wanting to get some other opinions, as well as someone possibly working at Kalitta Airways. Thanks in advance.

What's that????? We only had 27 engine failure's last year. That's out of 48 engines. Not bad at all. Scheduling you say??? What scheduling ????:eek:

A true statement indeed!

I would say that is a very true statement! Scheduling can only operate, as well as, they are managed. You don't follow the program.. you don't have a job. I would say that much of the scheduling departments problems exist with those who call the shots. So, no I don't get upset with scheduling. I realize that just like the military..they are only following orders. Maybe, things will change for the better with our next contract, but I'm surely not holding my breath over it!

Digital said:
I would say that is a very true statement! Scheduling can only operate, as well as, they are managed. You don't follow the program.. you don't have a job. I would say that much of the scheduling departments problems exist with those who call the shots. So, no I don't get upset with scheduling. I realize that just like the military..they are only following orders. Maybe, things will change for the better with our next contract, but I'm surely not holding my breath over it!

Digital said:
They are a very good company to work for

Hmmm . . . . Autocratic, do-it-or-you're-fired, managerial style, numerous engine/maintenance failures . . . . . yet, a very good company to work for.

What am I missing here?

Latest resources

Back