• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone got the latest at Kalitta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Training is really backed up right now. I finished my sim training on Aug 3rd and am still waiting for IOE. They told me to call them on Sept 1st to see how things are going. Its been fun sitting at home for a month, but I am really looking forward getting out there.

What is your starting pay, and what will the schedule be like once your on the line? Thanks in advance.

"The FAA knows the manufacturer defect but they won't tell."

.....ya, clearly a conspiracy here....

mdanno808 said:
What is your starting pay, and what will the schedule be like once your on the line? Thanks in advance.

pay:
http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/content/view/34/12/

Schedule:
17 days on
14 or 13 days off depending on the month (30 or 31 days in month)

Everyone based in YIP
$2000/month training pay
You get training pay until you complete OE (average 60 hours I have been told)
Great place to fly an awsome airplane, see the world, and make some good money

Last edited:
Thanks Hkgorbust.
And yes as always FAA only cares after some significant deaths and to FAA pilots are not significant at all.
Girl sand beer PM me if u really wanna know the manufactures defect that caused this accident and probably some more on next heavy winter season.

Koslen FYI the chinese CRJ wasn't barely at 300ft just after take off when they had the same problem of both engines flame out.

bombinha said:
Thanks Hkgorbust.
And yes as always FAA only cares after some significant deaths and to FAA pilots are not significant at all.
Girl sand beer PM me if u really wanna know the manufactures defect that caused this accident and probably some more on next heavy winter season.

Koslen FYI the chinese CRJ wasn't barely at 300ft just after take off when they had the same problem of both engines flame out.
Well I can't argue about the engineering of the crj. I don't know much about the airplane. I don't dispute your claim that the power plants have some serious issues. I have never flown one. Still I read the prelim report on the pinicale accident Which has been all but been deleted from the ntsb web site?. And I have flown with some guys who had worked there in the past. Apperently they dont spend any time with very high altitude areodynamics in there training program and very few of there crewmembers have experience at the extreme altitudes. The report I read showed them trying to climb to 410 (the max ceiling of the aircraft from what I have been told) at a speed of mach.62 on a sweep wing jet. I don't see how that is going to work out. The last crj guy I talked to said he didn't know to many people who would try to climb to 410 even if they were empty unless it was isa-10. Unlike a lear which is designed to fly at or above 410. The crj dos not perform well up there. Thrust limited I believe. As far as the other problems with the aircraft you would now better than I.

I've seen Kallita's CURRENT pay scale.

Does anyone know how much the pay is to increase after the Tentative Agreement is approved? I heard 15 percent. The TA is still being negotiated. See TA here:

http://www.ibt747.org/forms/KAI.TA.05.pdf

and vote results (April 05):

VOTES FOR RATIFICATION 35
VOTES AGAINST RATIFICATION 96
VOID BALLOTS 24

BTW, the on Page 22 of the TA, it seems Training pay will be going up from $500 to $600 per week. Ain't much, but every little bit helps.

Last edited:
bombinha said:
Do u have any idea how many engine problems this CRJ's have in a day?
Do you know what caused the crash of the pinacle CRJ?
What about the other 4 challenger's (same CRJ just shorter)?
The FAA knows the manufacturer defect but they won't tell.

Almost none . The real reason pinnacle crashed is because they fcked up.
And what defect are you talking about? The fact that there was frost on the wings? Don't talk about something you know nothing about!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C-130 IP said:
I've seen Kallita's CURRENT pay scale.

Does anyone know how much the pay is to increase after the Tentative Agreement is approved? I heard 15 percent. The TA is still being negotiated. See TA here:

http://www.ibt747.org/forms/KAI.TA.05.pdf

and vote results (April 05):

VOTES FOR RATIFICATION 35
VOTES AGAINST RATIFICATION 96
VOID BALLOTS 24

BTW, the on Page 22 of the TA, it seems Training pay will be going up from $500 to $600 per week. Ain't much, but every little bit helps.

My understanding is that most of the issues have been resolved with the exception of scheduling. Apparently the wording in the scheduling section is to vague.

Latest resources

Back