• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone got the latest at Kalitta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, let's hear from someone at Kalitta NOW, but I understand 80 hrs per month is the average, with many closer to 100 hrs.

Lots of flying, not lots of sitting in the hotel, I'm told.

Lots of flying if you get into the pacific (I logged 119 hours without selling any days off). If you get stuck going back and forth to NYC from Europe you probably wont break 61. This is what happened to me in the month of August. I did actually get paid for about 75 adding in all the 1's and 3's and DH time.

Hey Jehtplane just to let you know I grounded 3 of them in less than an year on my walkaround due to parts missing inside twice and outside once how do you say they have no problems?
Plus if you never saw any part missing on your walkaround you better change your lenses or your prescription glasses as the number of reports are pretty high check with your maintenance personel.
And this post is not about $... rj's.
And the pinacle guys could be rookies but they lost both engines before even reach FL410 and it is on the VDR as they call emergency before reach there with both engines flame out.

bombinha said:
Hey Jehtplane just to let you know I grounded 3 of them in less than an year on my walkaround due to parts missing inside twice and outside once how do you say they have no problems?
Plus if you never saw any part missing on your walkaround you better change your lenses or your prescription glasses as the number of reports are pretty high check with your maintenance personel.
And this post is not about $... rj's.
And the pinacle guys could be rookies but they lost both engines before even reach FL410 and it is on the VDR as they call emergency before reach there with both engines flame out.

No they did not , you might want to read the cvr transcript again, how could they lose both engines before, what did they do catch a thermal and glide up to F410? I suggest you reread the cvr !!!!!!!. Ohh a part missing wow! You the man . There are no chronic problems with the RJ , maybe it was with your previous airlines maintenance practices , Mesa perhaps????????????????

Koslen, Bombinha and Jehtplane.......................

Let's not forget that this is about:

Anyone got the latest at Kalitta!

Why not just start a new thread ....................

Thanks,

CWI

Last edited:
Guam360,

Do a search on CWI and you should find a lot of information on Kalitta.

Right now the next two upgrade classes have been posponed to later this year or the early part of next year. There were 10 in each class. They can't pull 20 FO's off the line and put them through training right now, especially with the busy season right around the corner.

New hiring may have stopped too, I'm not sure? But one things is for sure and that is Kalitta is behind on the training. It's not the ground school, but finding the simulator time and check airman to do the training, that's the problem.

Kalitta still wants to go to 110 crews, but may not have the man power to continue hiring at the current pace.

If you have any questions you can't find doing the search, just ask. I'm sure one of the Kalitta crew members who visit this forum will have the answer.

CWI

Last edited:
How long is it taking guys to get through IOE after the sim training?

A person I spoke with that works there said guys were sitting around waiting for IOE at home.

Latest resources

Back