• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone get a call from Frontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What kind of PIC time did you guys have that got calls? tt? thanks! Frontier is one of my career aspirations.

Thanks jetalc!

Regarding competitive times, from what I can gather Frontier isn't placing so much weight on flight times as they are recommendations. They figure if you have their mins that you can fly a plane, but no amount of flight time can guarantee that you can get along in the cockpit for 3 hours, 30 days or 30 years...

Best of luck,

M3

Boondock, I had around 3100 tt and 1500 PIC

M3pilot said:
They figure if you have their mins that you can fly a plane, but no amount of flight time can guarantee that you can get along in the cockpit for 3 hours, 30 days or 30 years...

That is hitting the nail on the head. The interview goal was the same when I was hired, but some were able to slip through the cracks. This new interview method should help prevent this in the future.

So, assuming 10 are interviewing Nov. 15, another 80 plus interviews minimum and hiring still need to be done. Be optimistic, your call will come.

Jetsi

M3pilot said:
Hey Jetsi,

That sounds about right. A few weeks ago they talked about 107 with 10 every two weeks to the end of the year. Then 10 a month. Only they said something like 30 in the pool. Isabelle's a great source and very cool! I'll post anything I learn from the interview after Tuesday. So far it looks like I'm the only one posting with an interview but there have to be more of us out there. If so, feel free to join in.

Thanks for keeping the thread on point.

M3

PS, hard not to have the butterflies... dream job!

So how long have you been interested in Aviation? Did you always want to work for a LCC? You must be very happy, as much as it takes to get on with the airlines now.

good luck!

I've been interested in aviation since I can remember, but really I started getting serious about it after graduating from high school. The first time I ever flew on a commercial flight was with the old Frontier. Obviously since they're based in DEN it makes it very desireable, but knowing several people who work there has given me a lot of insight as to how great of a culture they've created. I don't know anyone who works there who doesn't love it. I guess that's a benefit of not being a huge airline but I know they work awful hard at it too. So, categorically I don't know if LCCs are something I've always desired to be a part of so much as a place that is fun, has a great culture, and is rewarding. For me, F9 is that airline. Heck, even if they don't pick me up I'll still be a lifelong customer. They've always treated me right as a passenger and I think that's reflective of how the employees are treated. Who wouldn't want to be a part of that? I'm happy now, and quite sure I'd be happy working for them.

Best of luck to you too!

M3

M3,

So how did it go yesterday? How many interviewed? What were thier backgrounds, etc. Any news for those of us waiting for the call?
thanks,

bandit

bandit,

It went well, very well. I can't tell you what a class act the folks are at F9. I have to go fly but I'll post more later. Overall, when they tell you to RELAX and BE YOURSELF, they mean it. They also make it comfortable for you to do so - no tricks so take advantage of it. There were 9 of us interviewed - 1 military, 8 regional/national/cargo. All great folks it seemed like. I couldn't tell you exactly when they're going to interview again, but my guess is next month or January at the latest. Hang in there - F9 is WELL worth the wait. No matter the outcome, I have to say it was a wonderful experience. Best of luck to all,

M3

M3pilot said:
Heck, even if they don't pick me up I'll still be a lifelong customer. They've always treated me right as a passenger and I think that's reflective of how the employees are treated. Who wouldn't want to be a part of that? I'm happy now, and quite sure I'd be happy working for them.

Best of luck to you too!

M3

So true M3, they are a great customer service airline. As a Colorado person, I'm loyal. Out of the numerous airline flights I've had they have the best customer service, entertainment options, and pricing. They also have the routes I use (FLL, DEN, SFO, Northwest). I had to pay a little extra to home from FLL next week, but it's worth it to me.

Latest resources

Back