Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Regionals hiring pilots with less than 1000TT???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You actually want to live in Cincinnati? Could you please tell me why?

Just do what you are doing. Why do you want to leave ERA? You are building good experience there. If you are going to be a captain there someday, stay for that time. If you really must leave, send resume's everywhere, and see who calls. Who knows, somebody may call you because you went to the same flight school or something. Stranger things have been known to happen.

If you are changing jobs just to get to a particular city, I would encourage you to look for another career. Flying is tough enough without commuting, and unless you have an "in" at a really good airline that will not go bankrupt, or delete your favorite city as a crewbase, you might not get the location you are hoping for. In other words, if you must live in a particular city, this is probably not the profession for you.

Hope you do okay.

What's wrong with Cincinnati? I've spent a fair amount of time there and found it to be a very pleasant place. I wouldn't mind living there at all.

ILStoMinimums said:
I got hired with 253 TT and about 12 ME. I am enjoying it and I think its a grea gig, just always looking at other options that may be avaliable in the future.......I got hired on a couple of months ago.
Dude, you need to chill the f*ck out. You just got hired a couple months ago with 253 TT AND YOU WANT TO MOVE ON? You're not even qualified to flight instruct, according to my previous school's requirements. Have fun living in AK and chill out.

You'll be a 747 capt someday, but not yet.

By the way, I had 500 TT while I was a flight instructor...so feel lucky you're actually flying 121. Don't be in a hurry...Unless you're 59 and 1/2.

Good luck.

ILStominimums is just being ambitious, and looking for options for the future. I see nothing wrong with that. In fact, I think it is admirable.

skydiverdriver said:
You actually want to live in Cincinnati? Could you please tell me why?

In other words, if you must live in a particular city, this is probably not the profession for you.

Hope you do okay.
I dont have any commuting experience since I barely have flight experience, but from I have been reading on this board and others, and also from firends flying for regional airlines, I would say the above statement is not necesseraly true thanks to commuting.
A friend of mine is based in cincinati and lives in fort lauderdale. I plan to be live in san francisco or new york and maybe based in phoenix or vegas,etc... if I live in SF and be based in Boston,chocago,cincinati,washington,etc..if I live in New york.
I dont think its undoable.

Appreciate the input guys. I'm not at all unhappy were I am at. Like English said I'm just looking around at whats out there. Upgrade time was around 6-7 yrs at Era for the longest time, but looks like its slowly coming down to more like 3 or 4 at the current attrition rate we are getting. For those that don't know we are going through a sale process which is making many uncomfortable and brings up a lot of "what ifs". Always like to know whats out there just in case something unfavorable was to happen here.

Later.

ILStoMinimums said:
Always like to know whats out there just in case something unfavorable was to happen here.
Given the state of the airline industry, I can not fault you.

Good luck.

ILS to mins- Stay at least for the year, at least for continuity sake. Interview where you can but time it so you will have a year under your belt.

My company just announced a base closure that will effect hundreds if not thousands of families so careful with the Veruca Salt attitude, "I want it now..."
Cheers, Wil

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back