Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Regionals hiring pilots with less than 1000TT???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ILStoMinimums said:
Do any of you guys know if its possible to get on with SKW under 1000TT if I'm flying 121 currently?
Extremely doubtful. I'm a ramper there (on Military leave for Guard pilot training) and when I get back, I will have about 800TT, 400ME and 300 Turbine and was told (by other pilots) I would probably have to wait til the 1000 mark to get hired.

On the other hand, I have heard rumors that a couple of rampers got hired around 750tt, but no one hass been able to confirm that. Some say it's true, but they had to get to 1000tt before their class picked up, others say it's B.S.

If you're below the mins, I think the only way that you would even have a chance to hired is from within the company, since most new-hires have 2-3000hrs and 121 experience already.

Good luck.

I have two friends with under 1000. One had under 800 and got hired at Eagle, and one has under 550 with an interview at Horizon. Sometimes a good resume helps as much as flight time. I worked a job fair once and was surprised how poor most resumes are in terms of quality and content.

ILStoMinimums said:
Do any of you guys know if its possible to get on with SKW under 1000TT if I'm flying 121 currently?

You won't know unless you apply.

Beetle007 is right on about poor resumes. Get someone with resume experience to proof-read yours. The amount of garbage floating around out there is really sad.

Typically to get a company to consider you when you don't meet the mins, you need something in your resume that stands out from the rest. Things I know from personal experience that stand out: 4 year aviation degree and previous flight crewmember experience (i.e. flight engineer). Also, have you taken your ATP written? FE written? Do you have an FCC license? These are all discriminators that can place you at the top of the in-basket.

Good luck...

SMOE said:
You won't know unless you apply.

Beetle007 is right on about poor resumes. Get someone with resume experience to proof-read yours. The amount of garbage floating around out there is really sad.

Typically to get a company to consider you when you don't meet the mins, you need something in your resume that stands out from the rest. Things I know from personal experience that stand out: 4 year aviation degree and previous flight crewmember experience (i.e. flight engineer). Also, have you taken your ATP written? FE written? Do you have an FCC license? These are all discriminators that can place you at the top of the in-basket.

Good luck...
Thanks for the tips. I don't have a BS yet, still working on it. I am currently an FO in a DHC-6 (121), no ATP/FE written. I do have an FCC license. I have ins at both Horizon and SKW, I'm just trying to think if its worth applying with about 500 TT, and half of that ME 121 turbine time? Should I try?

Just apply

Just go ahead and apply, nothings going to happen for sure if you dont apply. What have you got to lose? By the way, who are you flying the DCH-6 for?

JohnnyP said:
Just go ahead and apply, nothings going to happen for sure if you dont apply. What have you got to lose? By the way, who are you flying the DCH-6 for?
I going to try to get my resume walked in ans see what happens. Fly the Twotter for Era, I'd also feel terrible telling the company I'm leaving with 6 months on-line.

Era

ILStoMin's, is the TT in your profile correct? What kinda time did you get hired on with? I dont know anything about ERA but just checked the website and it says they are not taking pilot app's. Is this true?

ILStoMinimums said:
I'd also feel terrible telling the company I'm leaving with 6 months on-line.
You probably just did. This board is anything but anonymous.

JohnnyP said:
ILStoMin's, is the TT in your profile correct? What kinda time did you get hired on with? I dont know anything about ERA but just checked the website and it says they are not taking pilot app's. Is this true?
I got hired with 253 TT and about 12 ME. I am enjoying it and I think its a grea gig, just always looking at other options that may be avaliable in the future.......I got hired on a couple of months ago.

FN FAL said:
Damm, I thought the wet spot on your parents mattress had to dry before you could expect to find yourself at a regional interview?
Hey FN FAL,

Not true. With the downfall of USAir, Mesa is looking to take over Airbus and Boeing routes with CRJ 700 and 900 aircraft.

The plan is to use sperm to fly the trips. J.O. looked all over for pilots willing to do the flying and screw other pilots, but the only group he could find that would be willing to work for less than a Mesa pilot was seamen.....no, not sailors, but ya know....man chowder.

Taking from the experience Mesa had with the Freedom deal and AWA, the new USAir support airline will be know as FreeCum airlines.

A word of advice, avoid the milk when the beverage cart comes by.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back