Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Regionals hiring pilots with less than 1000TT???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the Expressjet mins are true. I took a look their website and started on the app to find out. Sure enough, it asked if the applicant had a min of 600TT, 100 ME, and I think something 25 actual. The sad part is they will get plenty of good CFI's who are looking for the big break and don't know any better. MAking my big bucks as a CFI, I should stop posting and fill out the app, lol.

ILStoMinimums said:
Whats the web-site for Coex? No flames, but I got hired at a regional with 253 tt and about 13 ME. No PFT!
Alaska doesn't count, as its not CONUS and few people want to live/work there. But I'd love to fly there for a couple years!

There is something to be said for paying your dues...

Another hundred hours or so and he would be well qualified for companies such as AirNet, Flight Express, or Ram Air Freight.

There he would learn valuable decision-making skills, increase his self confidence and learn to operate in the IFR system. He would experience approaches to minimums, flight in all kinds of weather, icing, weight and balance issues -- all with no one to rely on but himself.

Experience like THAT will make him an asset in a regional jet cockpit in a few years, rather than a liability.

AWACoff said:
Air Wisconsin recently hired a couple of low time guys. One only had 335TT.
Yeah, but didnt those guys drop $30K+ for a useless CRJ type from Regional Airline Academy, to "prove" they could handle an RJ?

A CRJ type with 350 or so TT??

I find it borderline unbelievable that AirWis is hiring with under 500TT, no matter what the reason.

FurloughedAgain said:
Another hundred hours or so and he would be well qualified for companies such as AirNet, Flight Express, or Ram Air Freight.

There he would learn valuable decision-making skills, increase his self confidence and learn to operate in the IFR system. He would experience approaches to minimums, flight in all kinds of weather, icing, weight and balance issues -- all with no one to rely on but himself.

Experience like THAT will make him an asset in a regional jet cockpit in a few years, rather than a liability.
Gawd there was a guy on center today that just totally tied up airspace, frequency and air time. I wanted to put him down myself. He was IFR and on an IFR flight plan...but was he taxing the system. I hate to pick on the guys with an accent, but this was the case. An operable transponder would have helped the most. You had to be there.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back