• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another aircraft order from CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can't order the world's most extensive route structure.

PIPE

Be careful what you say "can't" be done. I believe that enough money can order just about anything, especially when United's CEO is just about begging for it...

For your sake, I hope you don't eat those words big fella.

General, I use to like you up to this point. Now i've come to the conclusion that you're just an a**. You actually think your merger with NWA is going to be SO much better than our merger with UAL. It's going to be ugly no matter what. Will I be furloughed...maybe...maybe not. Will you be the gear bitch soon?......hopefully....hopefully so.

Huh? Come on now, I never said ours would be better than yours. They both will be troublesome. And, I am the gear bitch now, but there is a good chance I will be the left seater if it takes 6-8 months for DOJ review and we have another bid. If not, oh well, I will be there soon. I still have 22 more years to go you know.... Please don't hate me---don't be a playa hater...

Bye Bye--General Lee

Staple, staple, staple, staple, staple, staple, staple, staple, staple, staple, staple, staple, staple, staple, staple.......................

I'm sorry...........did I say that out loud.....again?

Look, a merger NEVER assures a company's success. Bigger is not always better. Intergration is never easy. There are so many things wrong with ANY combination that NO ONE should be looking towards a merger. Have we not learned from the past? I would hope that both DAL/NWA mec's are stalling to enusre that a merger NEVER occurs.

If any more proof is needed, just look across the isle at USAIR and AWA.

I hear some of these 777s might be -300s. This is definitely good news for CAL. 111 new Boeings to be delivered over the next 6 years!

Be careful what you say "can't" be done. I believe that enough money can order just about anything, especially when United's CEO is just about begging for it...

For your sake, I hope you don't eat those words big fella.

For my sake? Yeah, I fly the MD-11 at UAL. A lot of people aren't familiar with the UAL MD-11 operation.

See my earlier thread about career expectations. My point is that comparing corporate pemis size and then equating it to your career expectation is crap. Meaningless. Pointless.

But, the next time I'm looking for airline insight I'll be sure to find a 1900 hr Eagle driver to talk it over with. (No offense to Albie though. He does know of what he speaks)

PIPE

CAL pilots career expectations?
1. 3-5 yr upgrade
2. New A/C
3. New cities
4. Movement

UAL pilots career expectations?
1. 10 yr upgrade
2. Few deliveries
3. Stagnation
4. Shrinking capacity

Relative seniority is justified, anything else would be an undue windfall for the UAL folks. Fences should be in place. I am sure the UAL folks will want to protect the -400 along with DEN, SFO.........I don't blame them. Sound fair to me. I just can't see how anyone could articulate an advantaged position for the UAL pilots. This without even mentioning the financial position of UAL compared to CAL. Completely different worlds at the moment.

ATRCA, hold your ammo. All you're doing is dumping a ton of poison in the well, which will result in dividing the two pilot groups and accomplish exactly ZERO.

As for financial positions, taking on a lot of debt when the economy's going into a recession is exactly what got UAL in trouble.

I got news for you. Every pilot hired at every airline (with a very few exceptions) has been told 3-5 year upgrade. Actually happens about 5-10% of the time. In fact, I'm on my 4th airline and was told as little as one year but never more than five. If you think that is a legitimate expectation you're very new to this.

Oh yeah, you may upgrade in 3-5. Then downgrade. Then upgrade. Then sit reserve for six years. Then, voila! After more like 10 years you REALLY upgraded.

PIPE

You are right... When I went to Chautauqua I was told I'd upgrade in 2 years. Turns out it was a year and 11 months.

Career expectations ARE real and not that financial positions can't change. But... It is unfair for a pilot at UAL to benefit from CAL's current $$ position, fleet renewal, and good management. You cannot argue against that.

I say that with all due respect to the UAL pilots. If they had a better system right now I'd just be happy to be getting under their umbrella. Not saying it should be a staple or anything but there should be some accomadation made.

My piece,

Oldguy

Latest resources

Back