Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RocketRob

CO orders new 777s and 737s from Boeing
CO has added 27 aircraft to its firm order positions at Boeing, including eight new 777 and 19 new Next-Generation 737 (737NG) aircraft. The aircraft orders give CO the flexibility to replace less efficient airplanes and to pursue growth opportunities.
This new order brings COs total firm commitments to 111 new Boeing aircraft (25 Boeing 787s, eight Boeing 777s and 78 Boeing 737s) for delivery over the next six years. In addition, CO has options to purchase a total of 102 additional Boeing aircraft. CO has taken delivery of five 737NG aircraft this year and plans to take delivery of 27 additional 737NG aircraft by the end of 2008.
Already operating 20 777 aircraft globally, CO will use the eight additional aircraft announced today for long-haul international routes, such as the Newark Liberty-Shanghai route that is scheduled to start in 2009. The need for international widebodies is also driven by CO's commencement of service to London Heathrow next month, which represents the company largest-ever expansion into a single airport in one day. CO will begin service to Heathrow twice daily from Liberty and twice daily from Houston.
One of the world's most popular and reliable aircraft, the Boeing 737NGs feature advanced technology for greater operational efficiencies. The 19 additional 737NGs, along with other 737NG aircraft already on order, will give CO the flexibility to continue to grow while replacing less efficient 737 Classic aircraft, such as the company's 737-300 and 737-500 aircraft.

CO orders new 777s and 737s from Boeing
CO has added 27 aircraft to its firm order positions at Boeing, including eight new 777 and 19 new Next-Generation 737 (737NG) aircraft. The aircraft orders give CO the flexibility to replace less efficient airplanes and to pursue growth opportunities.
This new order brings COs total firm commitments to 111 new Boeing aircraft (25 Boeing 787s, eight Boeing 777s and 78 Boeing 737s) for delivery over the next six years. In addition, CO has options to purchase a total of 102 additional Boeing aircraft. CO has taken delivery of five 737NG aircraft this year and plans to take delivery of 27 additional 737NG aircraft by the end of 2008.
Already operating 20 777 aircraft globally, CO will use the eight additional aircraft announced today for long-haul international routes, such as the Newark Liberty-Shanghai route that is scheduled to start in 2009. The need for international widebodies is also driven by CO's commencement of service to London Heathrow next month, which represents the company largest-ever expansion into a single airport in one day. CO will begin service to Heathrow twice daily from Liberty and twice daily from Houston.
One of the world's most popular and reliable aircraft, the Boeing 737NGs feature advanced technology for greater operational efficiencies. The 19 additional 737NGs, along with other 737NG aircraft already on order, will give CO the flexibility to continue to grow while replacing less efficient 737 Classic aircraft, such as the company's 737-300 and 737-500 aircraft.

Something has to replace all of the United 737-500s, older 737-300s, and their older 777s. Maybe this will help if you get together with them.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Something has to replace all of the United 737-500s, older 737-300s, and their older 777s. Maybe this will help if you get together with them.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hell, I wish we (DAL) were merging with CAL instead of NWA. It would be a killer airline--unfortunately the DOJ would never allow the airline that owns EWR to merge with another that has a very strong LGA and JFK presence, unless there were serious gate and route divestitures.

Just speculating...

Sometimes you say something intelligent. Other times, like this post, you are a complete idiot.

What would it "help"? Would it "help" a CAL pilot's career expectations? Would it "help" in the merger of a seniority list? Should there be fences or no fences in dealing with all these new airplanes? Is it much "help" to any CAL pilot working for a profitable airline to take on a big airline that is really struggling? Just how would this "help"?

CAL pilots career expectations?
1. 3-5 yr upgrade
2. New A/C
3. New cities
4. Movement

UAL pilots career expectations?
1. 10 yr upgrade
2. Few deliveries
3. Stagnation
4. Shrinking capacity

Relative seniority is justified, anything else would be an undue windfall for the UAL folks. Fences should be in place. I am sure the UAL folks will want to protect the -400 along with DEN, SFO.........I don't blame them. Sound fair to me. I just can't see how anyone could articulate an advantaged position for the UAL pilots. This without even mentioning the financial position of UAL compared to CAL. Completely different worlds at the moment.

What would it "help"? Would it "help" a CAL pilot's career expectations? Would it "help" in the merger of a seniority list? Should there be fences or no fences in dealing with all these new airplanes? Is it much "help" to any CAL pilot working for a profitable airline to take on a big airline that is really struggling? Just how would this "help"?
Do you think that the bean counters care about your "Career Expectations"? NO! If Delta and Northwest merge, your CEO has said numerous times that Continental would not sit out of consolidation. These airline executives are thinking global. If United and Continental were to merge, it is true, many of the orders announced today would probable go to replace some of United's older aircraft. Truth is, as of this date United has NO airplanes on order.

CAL pilots career expectations?
1. 3-5 yr upgrade
2. New A/C
3. New cities
4. Movement

UAL pilots career expectations?
1. 10 yr upgrade
2. Few deliveries
3. Stagnation
4. Shrinking capacity

Relative seniority is justified, anything else would be an undue windfall for the UAL folks. Fences should be in place. I am sure the UAL folks will want to protect the -400 along with DEN, SFO.........I don't blame them. Sound fair to me. I just can't see how anyone could articulate an advantaged position for the UAL pilots. This without even mentioning the financial position of UAL compared to CAL. Completely different worlds at the moment.

I got news for you. Every pilot hired at every airline (with a very few exceptions) has been told 3-5 year upgrade. Actually happens about 5-10% of the time. In fact, I'm on my 4th airline and was told as little as one year but never more than five. If you think that is a legitimate expectation you're very new to this.

Oh yeah, you may upgrade in 3-5. Then downgrade. Then upgrade. Then sit reserve for six years. Then, voila! After more like 10 years you REALLY upgraded.

PIPE

Latest resources

Back