• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Annapolis the movie?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Military cheese has nothing on civilian airline disaster cheese. Anyone see "final descent"? Ouch. Saw it while stuck awake in some air force inn late at night not too long ago.

Airliner's tail stuck in full up position, so it keeps climbing until it will run out of fuel.

Helicopter unsuccesfully shoots at tail to "free the jam"

Robert Urich (Lucky) realizes he's in love with his FO co.

Air Force KC 135 pumps water through the boom and into the nose compartment of the airliner, enabling the nose to lower, and for the flight to make it's "final descent".

Lucky drops the gear, water dumps out, plane flares and lands, he gets laid.
Riveting stuff.

KarmaPolice said:
Military cheese has nothing on civilian airline disaster cheese. Anyone see "final descent"? Ouch. Saw it while stuck awake in some air force inn late at night not too long ago.

Airliner's tail stuck in full up position, so it keeps climbing until it will run out of fuel.

Air Force KC 135 pumps water through the boom and into the nose compartment of the airliner, enabling the nose to lower, and for the flight to make it's "final descent".

Riveting stuff.

Mil cheese vs Civ cheese. Now THERE'S a thread worthwhile! Great post!

original Airport was OK, rest were sh!t

KarmaPolice said:

Riveting stuff.

Wait... this is actually a movie?

Andy said:
Dave, I have no intention of seeing it. The previous comments had nothing to do with interservice rivalries, or however you seemed to read it. The movie just looks like a lame ripoff of 'An Officer and a Gentleman.'

What on earth could possibly give you the idea that we were ripping on the Navy? The bulk of the comments were from tanker toads and trash haulers. While it may be possible to mount tailhooks on large tanker/transport aircraft, I think that it's safe to say that aircraft of our size would only land on a carrier once (or to be factually correct, crash on a carrier only once).

I'll assume you're not a canoe U grad since I don't think that any academy grad in his right friggin mind would get upset about this movie being mocked. Are you a wannabe canoe U grad, just like you're a wanna be SEAL with carrier landings?
Sorry, I don't have any super cool made up stories. I just passed gas.

I would like to point out that a NAVY pilot did land a C-130 on a carrier before. So, who wants to be the first C-135 guy? Sorry, just noticed someone else beat me to it. Oh, it wasn't the length of the runway that was bad. It was the wingtip seperation the plane had with the island on the deck that was the kicker. The plane had to be rigged so they could go into BETA while airborne.

Last edited:
fredflyer said:
I won't even have to watch it and I know it'll be cheezier than all the Iron Eagles put together (yes Dave, you can probably throw Stealth in there, too).

It is not possible for a movie to be cheezier than 'Iron Eagle'! Except maybe 'Red Flag, the Ultimate Game'.

Spyguy said:
Oh, it wasn't the length of the runway that was bad.

Dude, in order to get that kind of landing ground roll, they went into reverse thrust while airborne. At that point, there is no option to go around.
And 15 feet is a tight margin. They're lucky that the Forrestal didn't lose the control tower. What was the CNO drinking when he ordered those tests, and where can I get some of that?
I guess that I should ask Dave 'I'm a Navy SEAL' Griffin; he sounds like he's got the inside scoop on what to drink to be completely delusional.

JimNtexas said:
It is not possible for a movie to be cheezier than 'Iron Eagle'! Except maybe 'Red Flag, the Ultimate Game'.

You flew F-111's. There is nothing cheesier than that....

The movie sucked. It was about boxing. The whole thing was about frickin boxing and how he wanted to beat up his commanding officer. By far the worst movie I have ever seen.

Spyguy said:
The plane had to be rigged so they could go into BETA while airborne.

No rigging neccessary, you can go to Beta anytime in the herk (dont know about the J)

Latest resources

Back