• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Annapolis the movie?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dave, I have no intention of seeing it. The previous comments had nothing to do with interservice rivalries, or however you seemed to read it. The movie just looks like a lame ripoff of 'An Officer and a Gentleman.'

What on earth could possibly give you the idea that we were ripping on the Navy? The bulk of the comments were from tanker toads and trash haulers. While it may be possible to mount tailhooks on large tanker/transport aircraft, I think that it's safe to say that aircraft of our size would only land on a carrier once (or to be factually correct, crash on a carrier only once).

I'll assume you're not a canoe U grad since I don't think that any academy grad in his right friggin mind would get upset about this movie being mocked. Are you a wannabe canoe U grad, just like you're a wanna be SEAL with carrier landings?
Sorry, I don't have any super cool made up stories. I just passed gas.

Thanks for the nice PM DaveGriffin. I understand your frustration but you either keep it in the closet or come out. It's your choice.

I did a stint in P-cola and I got contiunuous crap from my Navy counterparts about Iron Eagle 1 thru 19, and I admit, those were lousy movies compared to Top Gun. JAG provided me with some ammo to fight back, but this......OH MAN, FINALLY, redemption.... I won't even have to watch it and I know it'll be cheezier than all the Iron Eagles put together (yes Dave, you can probably throw Stealth in there, too).

fredflyer said:
I won't even have to watch it and I know it'll be cheezier than all the Iron Eagles put together

There's no way... Annapolis would have to suck something fierce to beat ANY of the Iron Eagles. At least there's some name brand actors and one hot chick in Annapolis.

fredflyer said:
I did a stint in P-cola and I got contiunuous crap from my Navy counterparts about Iron Eagle 1 thru 19, and I admit, those were lousy movies compared to Top Gun. JAG provided me with some ammo to fight back, but this......OH MAN, FINALLY, redemption.... I won't even have to watch it and I know it'll be cheezier than all the Iron Eagles put together (yes Dave, you can probably throw Stealth in there, too).

I liked Iron Eagle when I was 9...it wasn't until later that I understood why my old man (F-4Es) would cuss and scream at the TV Exorcist-style. And I agree....the squids will spend years, decades even, living this one down.

SIG600 said:
There's no way... Annapolis would have to suck something fierce to beat ANY of the Iron Eagles. At least there's some name brand actors and one hot chick in Annapolis.

Who are the name brand actors? Tyrese Gibson and Donny Wahlberg? Those are the only barely recognizable names that I see.
Weren't there any hot chicks in any of the Iron Eagles? (I don't know; didn't see any past the first one).

You're right that this would have to peg out the suck-o-meter in order to beat Iron Eagles.
What was the movie where someone crawled down the tanker's boom into the other aircraft? I only saw the commercials; it looked like it was pretty lame.

DaveGriffin said:
They always wonder if they have the balls to do a night carrier landing.

Isn't that kinda like asking is someone has the "balls" to try and have "oral copulation" with a pit bull?

All kidding aside, I could probably do it.

Sure is nice to see that extra couple of thousand feet out there though!!!

the boom one was Air Foce One I think. Try the special F-117 transport movie where Segal dies in the beginning (the best part of the movie), what was the name of that one?

Most "military" flying movies suck

think about "Broken Arrow"

Latest resources

Back