• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

And so it begins... mergers.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I still don't see it happening unless someone else pulls the trigger first. Yes, Anderson is calling a lot of his old buddies from his NWA days, but a lot of them haven't been at NWA in a while, like this latest guy--who has had 2 other jobs in the meantime. He worked at Krispy Kreme for a year, and then Greyhound for 4 years, turning it around too. It is not like he is at NWA now, and then going to Delta. If Anderson knew him at NWA and trusted him, then maybe he could do a good job for Anderson now at DL.

If someone else starts the dominos falling, then yes, I bet DL will approach NWA for an acquistion. I don't really see them doing it first, and Parker and Tilton seem to want to do it first, maybe together.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Looks like the itchy trigger might be in ATL on Virginia Ave after all. Don't forget JoKo's replacement "turned" around Greyhound (before it unturned around) by slashing 1/3 of the work force.

Anyone who thinks a merger between anyone will not impact jobs has their head in the sand.

Actually, I believe there will be many furloughs. In my opinion all of which will come from the regional side and none from the mainline.

You have to realize Delta has about 3000 daily flights on regional jets all of which cost substantially more per seat mile to operate than any mainline aircraft. Oil at these prices makes flying the rj's even more expensive.

I think you'll see this as an opportunity to upguage a number of the rj routes with the excess mainline aircraft from any route duplication that is dropped during the divestiture process.

If I were flying at any of the regionals supporting Delta or whoever we merge with I would be preparing for a very loud flushing sound....

I love how everybody's figured out what's gonna happen. (I'm as guilty as the next guy.)

Go to work, do a good job, put as much money in the bank as possible and update your logbooks if you're on the bottom. Most importantly, relax and quit worrying about something none of us have any control over.*

*Short of burn-down-the-house labor unrest, which is a vague possibility.

The US/AWA merger was a seamless merger, route wise and hub wise. Seniority wise, it did not work, but binding arbitration was applied and the East guys turned into babies. The merger itself was a success, the babies of the East have created a disaster....
Bye Bye--General Lee

He he he he. I agree, I also dig the delivery. Sadly though, as a participant of said disaster its really not all that funny ultimately.

Last edited:
DAL-NWA
UAL-NWA
DAL-UAL

If the mother is ugly and the father is ugly. I think we know how the baby is gonna turn out.

Last edited:
I still don't see it happening unless someone else pulls the trigger first. Yes, Anderson is calling a lot of his old buddies from his NWA days, but a lot of them haven't been at NWA in a while, like this latest guy--who has had 2 other jobs in the meantime. He worked at Krispy Kreme for a year, and then Greyhound for 4 years, turning it around too. It is not like he is at NWA now, and then going to Delta. If Anderson knew him at NWA and trusted him, then maybe he could do a good job for Anderson now at DL.

If someone else starts the dominos falling, then yes, I bet DL will approach NWA for an acquistion. I don't really see them doing it first, and Parker and Tilton seem to want to do it first, maybe together.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Looks like the itchy trigger might be in ATL on Virginia Ave after all. Don't forget JoKo's replacement "turned" around Greyhound (before it unturned around) by slashing 1/3 of the work force.

Anyone who thinks a merger between anyone will not impact jobs has their head in the sand.

Where are we expanding right now? INTL side, and the regional side is shrinking. Right now we can't hire enough 767ER FOs to fill our upcoming Summer schedule, and all of those new cities are not served by NWA or UAL. The AWA and USAir merger was seamless with no hub overlap, and a NWA and DL merger would be darn close. (better than UAL/DL) Those DC9s that could be parked, could be replaced with the 110 MD90s that are waiting for us----and they are newer and probably could be a good stopgap for 10 years until we could replace them with new Boeings. It could happen....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back