• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DAL-NWA
UAL-NWA
DAL-UAL

If the mother is ugly and the father is ugly. I think we know how the baby is gonna turn out.

A DL and NWA combo will be a power house. We will hit Asia, Europe, Africa, and South America---all with tons of service. Our domestic hubs will be extensive, and the feed potential to those higher yield fares for businessmen will be huge.

So, how will Airtran and Southwest look together? A corndog 717? That will be great to see.... Maybe it will serve LBB from ATL nonstop?

Bye Bye--General Lee

A DL and NWA combo will be a power house. We will hit Asia, Europe, Africa, and South America---all with tons of service. Our domestic hubs will be extensive, and the feed potential to those higher yield fares for businessmen will be huge.

So, how will Airtran and Southwest look together? A corndog 717? That will be great to see.... Maybe it will serve LBB from ATL nonstop?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Maybe they should paint them green...like the money that they are making. You guys should stick with red...like the money you will hemorage (especially in the 1st quarter). Oh, sorry, I just remembered, it's an "operating loss." Those aren't bad.

General, where can you guys get your hands on 110 MD-90s? I didn't realize that there were that many out there.

General, where can you guys get your hands on 110 MD-90s? I didn't realize that there were that many out there.

Rumor has it that there are that many out there, and all are being replaced by A320 type aircraft. The airlines that currently fly them are JAS (Japan Air System), China Northern, China Southern, Saudi, and Iberia. There are a few more that fly for some charters in Europe, but the ones above are all ready to be replaced. What I have heard is that before this merger talk started up again, we were looking to possibly get our hands on all of them, for the right price. Supposedly we have already looked at some from Japan and China. We have an MD90 sim, we have FTDs, and we already know how to fix them. Someone mentioned they were about $9 million each including engines. That's what I have heard......could be just rumor though.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Maybe they should paint them green...like the money that they are making. You guys should stick with red...like the money you will hemorage (especially in the 1st quarter). Oh, sorry, I just remembered, it's an "operating loss." Those aren't bad.

During the slow Winter quarter, it is not unexpected, especially with high fuel prices. If you cannot understand that, then you are clueless. Every year there is a cycle, with the Summer and Spring quarters always bringing in more profits. We had a great Summer last year, with profits over $250 million for that quarter. When oil prices climb uncontrollably during the slow season, then I can understand a loss. I guess you can't. Enjoy that desk job sarge.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Rumor has it that there are that many out there, and all are being replaced by A320 type aircraft. The airlines that currently fly them are JAS (Japan Air System), China Northern, China Southern, Saudi, and Iberia. There are a few more that fly for some charters in Europe, but the ones above are all ready to be replaced. What I have heard is that before this merger talk started up again, we were looking to possibly get our hands on all of them, for the right price. Supposedly we have already looked at some from Japan and China. We have an MD90 sim, we have FTDs, and we already know how to fix them. Someone mentioned they were about $9 million each including engines. That's what I have heard......could be just rumor though.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Pretty similar to a DC-9 I suppose....Two throttles, a landing gear lever,...I got it !!!

Now Gen, will we NWA'ers get a 10% RAISE?
....THATS THE BIG QUESTION ?

Or will we just have to quietly go back to wearing our hats ?

During the slow Winter quarter, it is not unexpected, especially with high fuel prices. If you cannot understand that, then you are clueless. Every year there is a cycle, with the Summer and Spring quarters always bringing in more profits. We had a great Summer last year, with profits over $250 million for that quarter. When oil prices climb uncontrollably during the slow season, then I can understand a loss. I guess you can't. Enjoy that desk job sarge.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Southwest and AirTran must not operate during the "slow Winter quarter." They must need international routes if they want awsome winter quarters like Delta.

Pretty similar to a DC-9 I suppose....Two throttles, a landing gear lever,...I got it !!!

Now Gen, will we NWA'ers get a 10% RAISE?
....THATS THE BIG QUESTION ?

Or will we just have to quietly go back to wearing our hats ?

Knowing the Delta guys, they will give up 10% and come down to the NWA guys. But, the NWA guys will need to wear the double breasted coat...I hear it was quite fashionable in '93.

You know you're making fun of Breast Cancer Awareness by using that plane in your avatar, Tanker Clown?

Latest resources

Back