And so it begins... mergers.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nonstop

Just heard the "breaking news" on CNBC that Delta Airlines CEO is seeking board approval to approach UAL and NWA for a proposed merger that may be announced as soon as this weekend. I believe they said the source was the WSJ but I can't find an official article.

Just heard the "breaking news" on CNBC that Delta Airlines CEO is seeking board approval to approach UAL and NWA for a proposed merger that may be announced as soon as this weekend. I believe they said the source was the WSJ but I can't find an official article.

"Folks, from the cockpit, we're going through an area of rough air, please check your seatbelts...."

Good luck to everybody, this is gonna suck!!!!

here is what i got.

NEW YORK, Jan 10 (Reuters) - Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL.N: Quote, Profile, Research) plans on Friday to ask its board permission to begin formal merger talks with both Northwest Airlines Corp (NWA.N: Quote, Profile, Research) and United Airlines parent UAL Corp (UAUA.O: Quote, Profile, Research), the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday.
Citing unnamed people familiar with the matter, the Wall Street Journal said that Delta would aim to ultimately choose between the two carriers.
Delta was not immediately available for comment. (Reporting by Chris Reiter; Editing by Phil Berlowitz)

No furloughs if it's DAL/NWA. I suspect that CAL and LUV will be scrambling to find their nitch as well. If it's UAL, that could be the reason LUV is beefing up at DEN.

Anybody want to guess who CAL will go after? Anybody wanna guess who LUV might acquire or what parts?

This was what came out yesterday...

No furloughs if it's DAL/NWA. I suspect that CAL and LUV will be scrambling to find their nitch as well. If it's UAL, that could be the reason LUV is beefing up at DEN.

Anybody want to guess who CAL will go after? Anybody wanna guess who LUV might acquire or what parts?

AIRLINE STOCKS
Airlines turn south amid broad sector sell-off

By Christopher Hinton, MarketWatch
Last update: 1:09 p.m. EST Jan. 9, 2008

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Airline stocks took a sharp turn lower Wednesday afternoon, swooning following a strong open, as investors continued their flight

Major carriers' shares soared earlier on merger speculation, and investment research firm UBS raised its ratings for the legacy group in the belief a major tie-up is likely within the next six months. Such a deal would put pressure on other carriers to consolidate.
"We think a Delta/Northwest deal is most likely," UBS said in an investor note, adding that this "would likely put investor pressure on Continental to act, perhaps by merging with United."
UBS raised its rating on four stocks -- Delta Air Lines (DAL:

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back