Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

An opportunity to regain 76 seat flying bypassed?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sir Innocenti

Right, explain this to me.......Ive been industry saavy for over 20 years now.....Why did NWA and Delta NOT capitalize on the opportunity to recoup 76 seat flying with the Compass flying???? Seriously, this could have opened the door to re-integrating some of the Comair, ASA, Compass and various DCI 76 seat flying to bolster the pay scale to yesteryear and reverse/reallocate the industry slide to what we all bitch about.....Is the NEW Delta too proud??????? Shame on you guys if so, you now have NOTHING to bitch about if this is the case,,,,,,Discuss....this is to hear the opinions, not flame.

Last edited:
Sir,
When you figure it out, please let me know also.
I just don't get what Delta does. It's just amazing to me some of the things that have come down from them.

Maybe, with the assumption that they could maintain and exercise control over that flying, they bought into the Management concept/scheme of accepting oursourcing at lower costs to benefit/support/subsidize/justify higher pay and benefits for pilots on the larger aircraft. It's like having the middle class pay the taxes so the rich can get richer. It makes sense. It follows simple logic of a caste system:

a division of society based on differences of wealth, inherited rank or privilege, profession, or occupation</I> </I>b : the position conferred by caste standing : PRESTIGE ,4 : a specialized form (as the worker of an ant or bee) of a polymorphic social insect that carries out a particular function in the colony</I> </I></I>

Moreover, should they have recaptured that flying, there is a good chance that there would have been large numbers in that demographic of 76/50 seat flying that could have watered down or mitigated the potential bargaining goals of the guys who fly the "big iron." Therefore, the controlling group or the highest level of the caste system, can leverage their control to gain higher pay and better benefits for the members at their level. In one sense, they are in partnership with Management and the scheme, because it benefits them more than the concept of all flying/one seniority list!

The degree of acceptance of this concept depends on what caste level one exists. It's interesting to observe the antithesis of ALPA's equality position of "a Pilot is a Pilot!" It's more of a human nature thing that we all subscribe to and perpetuate. There does seem to be some order to the order:

1. If you are a pilot, you are better than a non-pilot.
2. If you are a private pilot, you are better than a student pilot.
3. If you are a commercial pilot, you are better than a private pilot.
4. If you are a 121 pilot, you are better than a 135 pilot.
5. If you fly multi-engines, you are better than the single engine pilot.
6. If you fly turboprops, you are better than a recip pilot.
7. If you fly turbo jets, you are better than a turboprop pilot.
8. If you fly for a regional, you are better than a corporate pilot.
9. If you fly for a Major, you are better than a regional pilot.
10. If you are in Management but were a pilot, you are a scumbag and everyone else knows it!
11. If you are just in Management, you are better than all pilots--more like a god-like figure and you know it!

Last edited:
The ONLY way to fix this mess is throught to staple regional jets to the bottom of a mainline list. Until then, it's always going to be an "us VS. them" mentality within our own union. The quicker this is done, the sooner we (pilots) can get back to the business of making money- a respectable wage that we should be getting paid- ie, pre 9/11.

The ONLY way to fix this mess is throught to staple regional jets to the bottom of a mainline list. Until then, it's always going to be an "us VS. them" mentality within our own union. The quicker this is done, the sooner we (pilots) can get back to the business of making money- a respectable wage that we should be getting paid- ie, pre 9/11.
AHHAA,
I don't know why we haven't done this sooner. You think mgmt will fight this one, or will they just let us take a larger slice of the pie without wimpering? This is in why mgmt has foisted krap like PBS on the pilot group as a whole. When has mgmt implimented ANYTHING, repeat ANYTHING that benifited pilots that costs money without a contract fight with strike threats? I will answer, never, its just that PBS is such a windfall for the company, and sold as a QOL improvement, the pilots bought it hook, line and sinker.
PBR

This will never happen because the military pilots will NOT stand for having to start their careers flying an RJ.

Because DALPA is drinking the koolaid big-time and is a lapdog union to Anderson. They had the chance to get a good contract with the leverage of the merger and pussied-out.

Right, explain this to me.......Ive been industry saavy for over 20 years now.....Why did NWA and Delta NOT capitalize on the opportunity to recoup 76 seat flying with the Compass flying????

If you don't already know the answer to this question you are not industry savvy. Sorry.

Latest resources

Back