Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

An opportunity to regain 76 seat flying bypassed?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From Jon Rivoli:

I'm 42, I make over $100k, I get 16 days off a month and am never away from home more than two nights a week. I also like the flying that I do and the people that I work with. The big money at the legacies is flying internation, two hours and I need to piss and stretch my legs.

Yawn.

Another regional pilot who has the whole industry figured out. Never mind that you are dead wrong on legacies. I am younger than you, have better work rules, make more, have more vacation, work the same, could work much less if I chose.

BTW, even international pilots stretch their legs every couple of hours.

But at least you are impressive in your own mind.

Guys who try and brag about their wages, days off, better-life-than-this-guy need bitch-slapped.

Kinda like what you just did? You've got a bitch-slap coming, mister.

Kinda like what you just did? You've got a bitch-slap coming, mister.

He sure does. I gather from his other posts that he is a NW/Delta. So if he's younger than me, he's about to spend a few years on furlough. But hey, if he's young he'll do great in the long run and may even upgrade around 2028. I'm happy, he's happy. It's all good.

Guys who try and brag about their wages, days off, better-life-than-this-guy

Didn't mean to sould like I was bragging, just saying that what I have is good enough for me. Sure senior pilots at legacies have a lot more, but that is not an option open to me or a lot of other guy's.

Last edited:
He sure does. I gather from his other posts that he is a NW/Delta. So if he's younger than me, he's about to spend a few years on furlough. But hey, if he's young he'll do great in the long run and may even upgrade around 2028. I'm happy, he's happy. It's all good.

1) He is original DAL (not former NW).
2) I think he is a Captain already.
3) We have no plans to furlough. Not saying it won't happen, but right now it doesn't look like it. If anything, 50 seater will be cut a lot(at least that's the latest word). May mean more DC-9 flying, may mean trading 50's for 76 seat flying(not 1 for 1). But we are not talking furlough!

1) He is original DAL (not former NW).
2) I think he is a Captain already.
3) We have no plans to furlough. Not saying it won't happen, but right now it doesn't look like it. If anything, 50 seater will be cut a lot(at least that's the latest word). May mean more DC-9 flying, may mean trading 50's for 76 seat flying(not 1 for 1). But we are not talking furlough!

Well said, sir. ACL can probably fill us in better than I.

Sorry to disappoint you. Wrong on all accounts, except the NWA/Delta. Been captain for quite a while, longer than you I venture to guess.

Didn't mean to sould like I was bragging, just saying that what I have is good enough for me.

Oh really? then would you care to explain these quotes--also from you.

Stay were you are and in no time you will be flying 100 seats.

I think I can be content flying 100 seaters here at SkyWest

You don't have 100 seaters, and it sounds as if you not only would be content with what you want, but with what others have as well. THAT mentality is why you are, and will, be relegated to your regional status--right there with the merchant. I am glad that you are content with where you are. I just have to wonder if it is going to start going away. <hint> It is.

Latest resources

Back