Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

An opportunity to regain 76 seat flying bypassed?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hello

Puff, you sure are an angry fellow. The above quotes simply reflect my lack of faith in you to keep from outsourcing more flying to regionals. If you really have been a mighty Delta Captain as long as you say and are younger than me, congrats, you must have hired on at Delta in your early twenties. If that is the case I can't imagine why you are so angry an touchy. My guess is that you are trying to convince youself you are right <hint> you're not. SLI done and fuel getting cheaper by the minute with the economy in the tank. Hello RJ's, good bye DC-9's and MD's. Notice all your orders are for larger aircraft, that is where the best margins are and given the choice between more bigger, better paying aircraft or fighting RJ's the people who matter at ALPA will take door number 1 every time. More and bigger RJs are a bargaining chip. If you are already a Delta Captian, enjoy the ride. For those of us you put on a permenant B scale, we'll just have to make the best of it.

Peace

Puff, you sure are an angry fellow. The above quotes simply reflect my lack of faith in you to keep from outsourcing more flying to regionals. If you really have been a mighty Delta Captain as long as you say and are younger than me, congrats, you must have hired on at Delta in your early twenties. If that is the case I can't imagine why you are so angry an touchy. My guess is that you are trying to convince youself you are right <hint> you're not. SLI done and fuel getting cheaper by the minute with the economy in the tank. Hello RJ's, good bye DC-9's and MD's. Notice all your orders are for larger aircraft, that is where the best margins are and given the choice between more bigger, better paying aircraft or fighting RJ's the people who matter at ALPA will take door number 1 every time. More and bigger RJs are a bargaining chip. If you are already a Delta Captian, enjoy the ride. For those of us you put on a permenant B scale, we'll just have to make the best of it.

Peace

Care to revise your post?

http://www.ajc.com/business/content...09/deltafleethedline.html?cxntlid=inform_artr

Also, we are pulling DC-9's out of the desert. More RJ's will be parked.

Peace

Ah yes, the know-it-all rj pilot. Got the whole world wired. Sorry, Charlie, not angry. You give yourself too much credit. Just correcting misinformation. Your spew of what mainline conditions was inaccurate. I corrected it. Your idea that 100 seat rjs are about to be up for grabs is inaccurate. I corrected it.

here is some more misinformation, you are not on a permanent B-scale. It will become a C-scale. Delta has publicly stated that its rj operators are going to be sharing in the pain soon. What isn't eliminated is going to be lesser paid as the "sharing" trickles down. So the b-scale is not permanent-it will get worse. Gas may be down for now, and stay down for a year or 2 due to demand. It will go up, it has to. It has no choice. No matter, the rj does, and always will have its place, just not what it used to be. The idea is through, run its course, over. It is a dying airplane, to be replaced by newer generation rjs.

You are not seeing newer narrowbody orders because right now Delta is in the used aircraft market for narrowbodies--including mds. We have a 100 seat aircraft--which does a wonderful job with fuel prices where they are. It will be replacing frequency of rjs. We are not going to be reducing cities as a whole--merely the frequencies. That means rj reductions. I suspect you will be hearing the announcements shortly. As for the larger rjs, they are bumping against the limits soon, if not as we speak.

Which brings us to skywest, the scummy group enjoying hard fought union gains without the sacrifice. The day will come, count on it.

No anger just cold, hard facts.

So long, and enjoy your 100k while it lasts. <hint> it won't

Yawn,

Also, we are pulling DC-9's out of the desert.

Now I know you are delusional.

Which brings us to skywest, the scummy group enjoying hard fought union gains without the sacrifice. The day will come, count on it.

Gains? What gains? Sounds like angry words to me.

Bye bye!

Last edited:
Here ya go:
http://www2.bombardier.com/CRJ/en/NextGen/index.html Click galleries, videos, top right picture.
No dog in this fight, just a working stiff waiting for the other boot to drop. Every airline that occupied the "TOP DAWG" slot in past history has been knocked on their collective cans. Jon we don't have it the best, just good enough to keep us from quitting.
PBR

Last edited:
Yawn,

Now I know you are delusional.

Gains? What gains? Sounds like angry words to me.

Bye bye!

DC-9 are being pulled from the desert.

The gains are that you have a job. Noticed the 737 type, yet still at skywest. By choice--RIGHT!!! Content where you are---RIGHT!!

Game, set, match.

See ya next time.

DC-9 are being pulled from the desert.

The gains are that you have a job. Noticed the 737 type, yet still at skywest. By choice--RIGHT!!! Content where you are---RIGHT!!

Game, set, match.

See ya next time.

You are correct. Also, to further show Jon's OPINIONS are wrong, our last award had a lot of DC-9 Captain awards. And, emails were sent to DC-9 Captains and F/O's looking for IP's. Why? Because they are not parking DC-9's as Jon thinks. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when FACTS prove you wrong...enough said.

The gains are that you have a job.

Wow! Really delusional.

Noticed the 737 type, yet still at skywest. By choice--RIGHT!!! Content where you are---RIGHT!!

Career expectations change. Yes, I am content where I am. Clearly, you are not. Very angry!!!

Puff, I'm laughing at you!!!

Who are you trying to convince? The whole point of my post is that I, and many others ain't buying it anymore. Are you trying to tell me that I should spruce up my resume and update my application at Delta, United, Continental and American?

Things are what they are, not what they used to be and they ain't going back.

The old eat a turd sandwich, set the Captains altimeter for him, pay your dues and someday son you too can be an Airline Captain, ain't working any more. About four or five thousand mainline jobs have been outsourced and WE DON'T BELIEVE THAT YOU WILL GET THEM BACK. We don't even think you will really try and by you I mean mainline pilots as a whole. I understand that you feel threatened by this. Maybe you got in, Captain, before that program turned pumpkin. My guess is that you are rightly concerned about the trend continueing, stagnation or even downgrade. You should be. But, don't waste your wrath on us lowly regional pilots, we don't even have a say in the matter. So, Joe Merchant and I and many others have come to terms with that and moved on with our lives, get over it. Get over yourself.

Fools like you amuse me. You are your own worst enemy. Execute an about face and charge. I think it is a losing battle, but knock yourself out.

Wow! Really delusional.

Career expectations change. Yes, I am content where I am. Clearly, you are not. Very angry!!!

Puff, I'm laughing at you!!!

Who are you trying to convince? The whole point of my post is that I, and many others ain't buying it anymore. Are you trying to tell me that I should spruce up my resume and update my application at Delta, United, Continental and American?

Things are what they are, not what they used to be and they ain't going back.

The old eat a turd sandwich, set the Captains altimeter for him, pay your dues and someday son you too can be an Airline Captain, ain't working any more. About four or five thousand mainline jobs have been outsourced and WE DON'T BELIEVE THAT YOU WILL GET THEM BACK. We don't even think you will really try and by you I mean mainline pilots as a whole. I understand that you feel threatened by this. Maybe you got in, Captain, before that program turned pumpkin. My guess is that you are rightly concerned about the trend continueing, stagnation or even downgrade. You should be. But, don't waste your wrath on us lowly regional pilots, we don't even have a say in the matter. So, Joe Merchant and I and many others have come to terms with that and moved on with our lives, get over it. Get over yourself.

Fools like you amuse me. You are your own worst enemy. Execute an about face and charge. I think it is a losing battle, but knock yourself out.

:beer:

Latest resources

Back