Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Iflyamouse

Is it time for lunch yet?
Still want to be a legacy airline pilot?

Pay banding (pay based on group size, not individual aircraft)

CA pay on 88 seat (Group I, 88-118 seats) aircraft is the same as MD80 (Group III, MD80/737-8) FO pay.

Pref Bid System
Eagle (or other commuter) gets everything up to 88 seats. Max number is greater of 255 or 1/2 of mainline fleet, Eagle isn't the only allowed commuter carrier

1.5% raise / year
Hotels = preference to airport hotel
Eliminate night pay / international override
Move recurrent training to distance learning, distance learning = 1/3 hourly rate
Bucket system for reserves

85 hour guarantee for reserves
Reserves get no fatigue protection (I assume on first call-out)

Max vacation = 35 days
Supplement CC: get rid of STL staffing requirement, TWA pilots stay in the same spot on the sen list as they're currently at.

No furlough protection

Profit sharing (no details)
Employees pay 23% of healthcare costs, 3 plans to choose from
Pension = gone for new pilots, some benefits remain for those currently vested.
13.5% contribution to defined benefit plan.

Last edited:
There was a time American flew 86 seat Fokkers and had 117 seat 717's from TWA. Too bad Skywest or Republic will be able to purchase (or modify current) 86 seat RJ's and do this flying for American now. It's like watching the Poles melt into the ocean.

There was a time American flew 86 seat Fokkers and had 117 seat 717's from TWA.

Yes, 2 hugely successful commercial airliners.....not.

The biggest mistake in the restructuring would be to allow the same a$$clowns that made those type of fleet decisions to be responsible for developing the new strategic plan.

No line holder monthly guarantee? Sick time at 60% if more than two events per year? Up to 88 seats outsourced? They must be joking. Tell them to %&*^ off.

It may be better to end the company than to let the 88 seater get into the hands of the teenagers...just sayin.

This is AA dream proposal pitch, now APA has a chance to stand firm and hit this thing out of the ballpark. That won't look good on the pitcher.

I saw the new proposed pay scale and thought, "Wow, that's pretty damn good." Then, I knew something had to be wrong because, it was too good to be true and, as I looked closer at the title of the scale it said, '12 year scale'. YUCK.

Latest resources

Back