• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR Proposal Highlights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is too bad for AA. As a paying passenger I used to try to fly AA, since the bankruptcy I have had a couple of bad experiences and now try to find another carrier. I don't know how bad it is, but I am sure that business is going to go down a bit (10%) because of the bankruptcy.

" That's still better than what US Air or United pays..."

So, it's better to only be pissed upon... that shat upon.

Right?

So do you think the pilots can come out of BK with pay raises and contract improvments?? And they won't have to give anything up??

They are setting the stage to be just like US Airways, where 99 seaters (E190's) are paid very low and everything smaller is flown by regional partners (CRJ900's etc). Perhaps this proposal is supposed to start lining things up to make a merger go more smoothly? If they did merge with somebody else (B6, LCC, DAL) they would suddenly acquire a lot of regional feed above 50 seats. When United and Continental merged the differences in scope was a major bone of contention.

Those were my thoughts too... It seems this BK proposal starts trimming their contract to closely match the US Airways contract they exited BK with...

No line holder monthly guarantee? Sick time at 60% if more than two events per year? Up to 88 seats outsourced? They must be joking. Tell them to %&*^ off.

Ironic. There's a photo of you smiling happily at the signing of our last CBA.

- 84 Seat RJ's outsourced.

- Sick time re-payed into sick bank at 66% after a number of events.

There was a time American flew 86 seat Fokkers and had 117 seat 717's from TWA. Too bad Skywest or Republic will be able to purchase (or modify current) 86 seat RJ's and do this flying for American now. It's like watching the Poles melt into the ocean.

In less than 10 years, you will see the skywests and the republics operating a320s and 737s. Europe's RyanAir 737 FO make 27,000/year

there will only be a pilot shortage at those levels

Yes, 2 hugely successful commercial airliners.....not.

The biggest mistake in the restructuring would be to allow the same a$$clowns that made those type of fleet decisions to be responsible for developing the new strategic plan.

I don't think te E190 or CRJ 900 was around back then. I think most of us here would like to see 86 seat aircraft flown by mainline. I think it should be 70 seats or greater, but that's just my opinion. I really don't care what aircraft the companies buy, as long as we stop shrinking mainline carrier jobs and replacing them with regional aircraft and wages.

Sadly, I suspect many pilots starting out now, no longer view flying for a major as a smart choice. Not when they can have better seniority flying for a regional and have their equipment and salaries grow at a slower pace. But with the leverage of turning the industry in a domestic/regional vs major/international environment. Come on 12 DEC, hurry up already!

So do you think the pilots can come out of BK with pay raises and contract improvments??
You choose not to accept responsibility for the fact that USAirways could've had a post-BK-improved contract in 2007. The East squandered it during their tantrum and the rest of the industry noticed.

Latest resources

Back