• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR Proposal Highlights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I totally just vomited all over my laptop, and this plastic hotel desk that is painted to look like wood....totally.

:(

- 84 Seat RJ's outsourced.

Actually, it was 86 seats. Of course, you missed the part about only allowing 15 of them, and it was only done because it was necessary in order to achieve the holding company scope, which was far more important. We had none prior to this CBA, and SWA would have been able to simply take our assets and toss us aside if we didn't have it. Kind of an important item.

- Sick time re-payed into sick bank at 66% after a number of events.

Well, that's just a gross distortion. Sick time always pays at 100% at AirTran, no matter how many events you have. If you get over 5 events in a year, then your accrual reduces to 4 hours from 6 until an event drops off, but if you have 150 hours of sick time, you can use all of it at 100% pay, even if you have dozens of events. The company is also prohibited from asking for a doctor's note or instituting any sort of sick policy. Definitely not comparable to AMR's draconian proposal.

Actually, it was 86 seats. Of course, you missed the part about only allowing 15 of them, and it was only done because it was necessary in order to achieve the holding company scope, which was far more important. We had none prior to this CBA, and SWA would have been able to simply take our assets and toss us aside if we didn't have it. Kind of an important item.

Well, that's just a gross distortion. Sick time always pays at 100% at AirTran, no matter how many events you have. If you get over 5 events in a year, then your accrual reduces to 4 hours from 6 until an event drops off, but if you have 150 hours of sick time, you can use all of it at 100% pay, even if you have dozens of events. The company is also prohibited from asking for a doctor's note or instituting any sort of sick policy. Definitely not comparable to AMR's draconian proposal.

PLC, Thanks,

Thanks for all your hard work at ALPA. It is guys like you that make ALPA the machine it is.

You make me proud to wear the pin.

Did I read correctly that AMR's proposal included getting rid of a monthly guarantee for line holders? If so, the argument can be made that this violates labor laws unless they then agreed to pay the pilots an hourly rate for all time on duty not just behind the yoke.

Did I read correctly that AMR's proposal included getting rid of a monthly guarantee for line holders? If so, the argument can be made that this violates labor laws unless they then agreed to pay the pilots an hourly rate for all time on duty not just behind the yoke.

You can make that argument...but you would be wrong..

I agree that you don't have an argument. And its not that they want to only pay someone 20 hours for their work for a month. It is on the other end. They do not want the 68 hour scheduling limit. They now want FAR's which they will likely get along with PBS.

Is the pay that bad? What am I missing?

Currently AA does not have any aircraft on property that would be classified as group I or II... So this just puts a rate in place if they get some. They have Airbus aircraft on order, and any 319's would be group II.

It appears that there is no pay reduction for any aircraft currently on the property. (Granted, there are losses in other areas - but does anyone really think the pilots could get through the BK process without any losses?)

Group I CA would pay 119/hr top of scale. Group II CA would pay 139 TOS... That's still better than what US Air or United pays...

Spirit has better pay as their contract progresses

400 furloughs is about 4% of the pilots. With PBS they will roughly have 18% more pilots than will be needed.

1500+ furloughs is what is on the horizon. Fortunately retirements start back up in another 10 months.

PBS alone, will not reduce head count.

With PBS they will roughly have 18% more pilots than will be needed.
Tell me exactly how many pilots have ever been furloughed after implementing PBS.

PBS works based on the contracted work rules. It makes scheduling easier for both sides, but it cannot jam time on anyone's line in actual practice. The machine will bog down and be unable to find adequate solutions if you try to over-optimize.

Concentrate on work rules and PBS will take care of itself.

Latest resources

Back