• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR Proposal Highlights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No line holder monthly guarantee? Sick time at 60% if more than two events per year? Up to 88 seats outsourced? They must be joking. Tell them to %&*^ off.

PCL- how much more could I agree? An enormous +1! ******************** off AA. What an embarrassment to the name.

If they "need" this, it's already over. I've never seen a proposal so worthy of "full pay to the last day"- except they've already had you at 65% pay for 8 years now.

It may be better to end the company than to let the 88 seater get into the hands of the teenagers...just sayin.

Its gonna be ugly and while this carries on the already poor service will deteriorate further and passengers will continue to migrate to other carriers which will drive down revenues further.

Show of solidarity

Just a thought...

As other pilot groups pressure the AA pilots to "draw a line in the sand" and maintain "full pay to the last day" in light of the company openers, I think now would be a good time for all MEC's and/or BOD (Swapa) to begin the process of working with their respective managements in drafting agreements offering preferential interviews/hiring for the AA pilot group.

This is where the rubber meets the road in the need to support each other when a group is under attack.

Btw, I believe the company is obviously setting the stage for a down and dirty negotiation. We have just seen what is behind door number one. Door number two will be the results of direct negotiations which will produce a document which is less painful than door number one. The company will then give the pilot group a choice; ratify door number two, or risk a successful 1113 petition by the company which implements door number one.

The next question that may be considered is the "right" of the pilot group to participate in "self help" should contractual changes be imposed unilaterally by the court. Most likely the judge would issue an injunction (subject to appeal), forcing employees back to work.

Some history from Congressional testimony:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...gvmKDw&usg=AFQjCNHv7BVGl8_559632VODShqENlBykQ

S

Last edited:
Is the pay that bad? What am I missing?

Currently AA does not have any aircraft on property that would be classified as group I or II... So this just puts a rate in place if they get some. They have Airbus aircraft on order, and any 319's would be group II.

It appears that there is no pay reduction for any aircraft currently on the property. (Granted, there are losses in other areas - but does anyone really think the pilots could get through the BK process without any losses?)

Group I CA would pay 119/hr top of scale. Group II CA would pay 139 TOS... That's still better than what US Air or United pays...

Last edited:
Is the pay that bad? What am I missing?

Currently AA does not have any aircraft on property that would be classified as group I or II... So this just puts a rate in place if they get some. They have Airbus aircraft on order, and any 319's would be group II.

It appears that there is no pay reduction for any aircraft currently on the property. (Granted, there are losses in other areas - but does anyone really think the pilots could get through the BK process without any losses?)

Group I CA would pay 119/hr top of scale. Group II CA would pay 139 TOS... That's still better than what US Air or United pays...

They are setting the stage to be just like US Airways, where 99 seaters (E190's) are paid very low and everything smaller is flown by regional partners (CRJ900's etc). Perhaps this proposal is supposed to start lining things up to make a merger go more smoothly? If they did merge with somebody else (B6, LCC, DAL) they would suddenly acquire a lot of regional feed above 50 seats. When United and Continental merged the differences in scope was a major bone of contention.

Just a thought...

As other pilot groups pressure the AA pilots to "draw a line in the sand" and maintain "full pay to the last day" in light of the company openers, I think now would be a good time for all MEC's and/or BOD (Swapa) to begin the process of working with their respective managements in drafting agreements offering preferential interviews/hiring for the AA pilot group.

This is where the rubber meets the road in the need to support each other when a group is under attack.

Btw, I believe the company is obviously setting the stage for a down and dirty negotiation. We have just seen what is behind door number one. Door number two will be the results of direct negotiations which will produce a document which is less painful than door number one. The company will then give the pilot group a choice; ratify door number two, or risk a successful 1113 petition by the company which implements door number one.

The next question that may be considered is the "right" of the pilot group to participate in "self help" should contractual changes be imposed unilaterally by the court. Most likely the judge would issue an injunction (subject to appeal), forcing employees back to work.

Some history from Congressional testimony:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...gvmKDw&usg=AFQjCNHv7BVGl8_559632VODShqENlBykQ

S

Ditto.

Remember, this is an opener, and most likely what they would seek with an 1113(c). They have to show good faith negotiating effort and the APA would have to show little faith effort to get that from the judge.

Hold fast to scope.

The pensions are most likely history. The key is how much the Co. is going to have to pay, and how much of that comes out of the concessionary agreement forthcoming.

Latest resources

Back