Amerijet Strike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, Teamsters 747.

That's what I thought. Do you guys think that the pilots are willingly flying struck freight, or is it being cleverly concealed by Arrow management?

That's what I thought. Do you guys think that the pilots are willingly flying struck freight, or is it being cleverly concealed by Arrow management?
We think it is being concealed. I also heard just moments ago that AA was/is doing the same thing.

The freight is marked as M6. Please check your loads folks!

We think it is being concealed. I also heard just moments ago that AA was/is doing the same thing.

The freight is marked as M6. Please check your loads folks!

I doubt Arrow mgmt would be flying Amerijet freight. They are direct competitors, and I don't see them trying to help Amerijet mgmt out.

Scooping up some of Amerijet's customers, maybe.

These guys sicken me. (Scabs: 15 emp/ 1 contractor/ 2 management)

I feel I should also add that the flights that ABX has operated with management crews is NOT additional flying. This is flying ABX was doing for Amerijet well before the strike. ABX does not have the aircraft or crews to fly Amerijet flights. There have been no other routes or flights added than what was there before the strike.

Management pilots consist of check airmen, instructors, and chief pilots.
Since they're management, they're working "for the company" right?
So are management pilots considered scabs if they operate for AJ during the strike?
I've heard both yes and no.

So are management pilots considered scabs if they operate for AJ during the strike?

They're scabs, period. If you choose the management route, that's the risk you take- that if there's a strike someday you're going to have to choose sides. If you choose the side that crosses a picket line, you're a scab.

To me, that's a NO-BRAINER removal from the jumpseat. I mean, what's the Amerijet scab going to do, file a complaint? To who? His non-existent jumpseat committee head? To your union's jumpseat committee?

So what would an answer here do for you? Wouldn't you be in the exact same situation having been told "YES" and "NO"?

Im confused by your response. I'm in no "situation" as I have nothing to do with this strike and I don't even work for AJ. I'm curious if mgmt pilots will be considered scabs if they fly the freight.

Management pilots consist of check airmen, instructors, and chief pilots.
Since they're management, they're working "for the company" right?

Easy answer; yes. When the contract and all of this is done, their management guys benefit. Other companies have nothing to gain from their contract negotiations and asking one to get fired over it is ludicrous. The Amerijet union can try and work something out to get their management pilots job protections for their support during the strike. Not so for other carriers. And even so, this is really ground breaking and historical for the ABX guys to stop their own flying in support of Amerijet. We already know time and again ALPA does not consider this struck work since it was being done prior to the strike. Past strikes support their continued operations and it had union support.

Latest resources

Back