• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Amerijet Strike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For what it's worth...CargoJet is a canadian 727 night freight airline, and they have several routes in the US. They have one or two planes flying in the BAX (Burlington/Schenker) system. Rumor has it that they're not doing very well financially.
It looks like they're desperate for work, and are willing to fly stuck freight. I don't believe they belong to a union.

Also, who updates the "scab list" with the newest scabs. I have a copy that's a couple years old that I carry aroud, and I'm guessing it's fairly up to date as there haven't' been many strikes recently.
Hopefully we can get these latest scab names published and start distributing it.

Good Luck AmeriJet Pilots

You do not get to change the list

For what it's worth...CargoJet is a canadian 727 night freight airline, and they have several routes in the US. They have one or two planes flying in the BAX (Burlington/Schenker) system. Rumor has it that they're not doing very well financially.
It looks like they're desperate for work, and are willing to fly stuck freight. I don't believe they belong to a union.

Also, who updates the "scab list" with the newest scabs. I have a copy that's a couple years old that I carry aroud, and I'm guessing it's fairly up to date as there haven't' been many strikes recently.
Hopefully we can get these latest scab names published and start distributing it.

Good Luck AmeriJet Pilots

If you notice it is an ALPA list that everybody is carrying around. This is a closly guarded product that is added to only when you cross a line and fly an aircraft that should have been flown by the striking pilots. This fantasy of struck work has it's origins in the trucking industry and was only brought into the airline buss by the UPS parcel pu33ies. No one I know in the pax side really cares about this definition that somehow made this jump, as evidenced by the lack of names being added to the real list.

Now the pilots that fly an actual Amerijet aircraft that is a completely different story. But unfortunately if you reference the list you will notice that behind each name is a reason that they made the list, find one that refers to a non-ALPA carrier.

Just my .02

If you notice it is an ALPA list that everybody is carrying around. This is a closly guarded product that is added to only when you cross a line and fly an aircraft that should have been flown by the striking pilots. This fantasy of struck work has it's origins in the trucking industry and was only brought into the airline buss by the UPS parcel pu33ies. No one I know in the pax side really cares about this definition that somehow made this jump, as evidenced by the lack of names being added to the real list.

Now the pilots that fly an actual Amerijet aircraft that is a completely different story. But unfortunately if you reference the list you will notice that behind each name is a reason that they made the list, find one that refers to a non-ALPA carrier.

Just my .02

I would check that definition of struck as the term was in use long before UPS was an airline. There are people on the list that operated aircraft in a situation similar to what the canadian company are doing. If somebody is moving passengers or freight for a struck company they meet the definition of the term scab....the Lear jet charter would not.

Prove it

I can not find them anywhere. I am not taking sides here I am just pointing out the facts. I have have had this debate with numerous folks that have participated in several job actions and none of them have been able to find any additions to the list that has circulated for years.

If we take your definition then certainly every Delta pilot (Comair strike) and almost every other pilot for a major would then be a scab as passengers were re-routed during the various job actions over the years.

Heck you might be a scab just because you let a car ahead of you on the freeway in a traffic jam just because it happened to have a scab driving. My point is you are painting with a wide brush that quite frankly I do not believe most are ready to paint with.

Last edited:
Well i don't have a list but i was involved in the mid 70's with strike at a commuter. Guys from a company that picked up the stuck carriers people at our gates were on the list at one time...later time for a bike ride ..

How about the striking Amerijet pilots publish the names of the scab Amerijet pilots and post on this website. Lets get the names out asap. We all need to know the names so we can deny them jumpseats and treat them like the scabs thay are. Maybe that will discourage others that are considering crossing the line.
Good luck guys.

Latest resources

Back