Amerijet Strike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good Luck guys
You have the support of IBT1108 (Flight Options Pilots)

Keep that scab list up to date .

Why didn't the IBT contact ALPA? It seems like a basic first step.

Exactly. But since IBT Airline Division Director Dave Bourne is in a petty little feud with Captain Prater, I'm sure he didn't have the cajones to call John to ask for support.

Any support from ALPA National will only be in the form of vague press releases. Nothing of substance.

Captain Prater is sending an entire delegation from the National SPSC down to Miami to assist. Any other brilliant predictions? :rolleyes:

You know guys, I don't want to change the topic of this thread and maybe a new thread needs to be started, but c'mon. These guys are TEAMSTERS- not ALPA. Any issues they are having is a problem the TEAMSTERS should be handling, not ALPA National. I mean these guys voted in the TEAMSTERS, a big huge union with enough resources to help these guys as necessary and ALPA National is getting criticized because they're not "helping out enough?" Is anyone criticizing the Virgin America pilots? What are they doing? How about the Skywest pilots? How about the Allegiant pilots? Don't get me wrong, as ALPA members we should be supporting the Amerijet guys, but it just shows how deep the anti-ALPA sentiment is on this forum when the TEAMSTERS are on strike and ALPA NATIONAL gets the criticism.

If you're an ALPA guy and you want to help out, get your council to put something together. You don't need to wait for ALPA National, or for the Teamsters to ask ALPA National or whatever. Pick up the phone and call your reps, go to a union meeting and pass a resolution, get some $$ together with your buds, whatever. But any lack of support these Amerijet pilots are getting or not getting ultimately rests with the TEAMSTERS not ALPA NATIONAL.

Exactly right. What this really proves, however, is that even the ALPA-haters know deep down that only ALPA has the know-how and resources to represent air line pilots. When the going gets tough, they beg ALPA for assistance, because they know that only ALPA is capable.

Exactly right. What this really proves, however, is that even the ALPA-haters know deep down that only ALPA has the know-how and resources to represent air line pilots. When the going gets tough, they beg ALPA for assistance, because they know that only ALPA is capable.
You are so full of crap and ALPA.
IBT doesn't need ALPO since they're a real union and know how a Union works.
Not only that, but they have the brass to strike, unlike the POS called ALPO

focus guys, this is about Amerijet pilots striking one of the worst management teams in history.

Help from anywhere is a good thing. The more the better. No company should be allowed to treat their pilots the way AJT does.

Captain Prater is sending an entire delegation from the National SPSC down to Miami to assist. Any other brilliant predictions? :rolleyes:

Make sure to thank Mr. Prater for all concerned. Considering he was aware of the upcoming strike some time back on Capital HIll he certainly had time to think about it after bumping into Mr. Bourne there. I'm certain the recent public outcry didn't have anything to do with it. Sending a delegation is certainly good and is much more than I remember getting from ALPA National when I was on an SPC/SC committee council and when helping another council during their strike. I hope the delegation does something more than what the one Mr. Prater lead in MEX did. They are still trying to make more cigars and tequila to replace the ones consumed.

Maybe we need to start another thread on this. Nine years of dealing directly with Herndon has definitely given me plenty of ammo to work with.

Lets give this thread back to the Amerijet guys and do what all trade unionists should do and support them.

Did anybody think to "liberate" a few boxes of those p1ss bags away from the premises before they went on strike? I'm thinkin' about 40 of those (suitably filled, of course) hitting the mailbox every morning would make some sort of message. Wouldn't even have to be the corporate mailbox, either.

Just sayin'...

Update:

This update is long overdue. Sorry for the lack of communication over the last few days, we have all been spending quite a bit of time on the line.

- There is a strong suspicion that Arrow Cargo is flying our freight. One of their 757's was spotted in SDQ next to our 727 on the ramp. It is my understanding that MIA-SDQ is not one of their normal routes. Any intel you have on this is appreciated.

- The NMB is asking that both parties come to the table on Tuesday, Sept. 8th at 12 PM local. This will most likely result in a standoff again. The company believes that we will all come crawling back when we don't get our next paychecks. That is not going to happen.

- Two more scabs have been confirmed as a result of our intel gathering trips to outstations. They were guys that crossed on the first day, and they we previously only suspected. These guys sicken me. (Scabs: 15 emp/ 1 contractor/ 2 management)

- Cargo Jet has sent their 767 down to fly our freight again. Thanks a lot Canada!

- We have a labor rally scheduled for 12-2pm on September 7. There will be food and beverages served in support of our strike against Amerijet. Please stop by or PM me for information.

- The IBT, Bourne, and our reps have spent the last few days in Washington D.C. talking to Congress. They have had unwavering support from both Dems and Reps. Jeff Skiles (USAir 1549) joined them in their talks with our US Representatives. Thanks Jeff!

- The strike is not over! Amerijet tried to start a rumor that they killed the strike and fired all of us. Not true. If you hear an AJT flight, they are scabs. You know what to do!

- Sky King, Tradewinds, and Kallita refused to fly our freght.

- Please remember that while the media is concentrating on our lavatory situation, our major concern is the lack of industry standard pay. The bathroom issue is being focused on the most because it gives these media folks ratings.

More to follow. Thanks for your support. We are still holding strong.

Isn't Arrow Cargo a union company?

Latest resources

Back