Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Big Beer Belly said:
Mr. Big Beefy ... LOL! ... I like it.

Your two drunk buddies you keep crying for are gunna experience someone else's "Mr. Big Beefy" (DOH!) soon enough!! LOL!!!!

:eek:
400 is pretty good...don't sweat these guys, they never met anyone that could bench three regional FO's before.

Clyde said:
August 16, 1987.
Northwest Airlines flight 255
MD-82

Aircraft crashed on takeoff from DTW killing 149 people. Flaps and slats were NOT extended.

CVR data shows that the After-start, Taxi, and Before Take-off checklists WERE NOT completed nor called for. Had the checklists have been called for, they would have reminded the crew to extend the flaps and slats.

Most who omit checklists usually end up taking care of themselves AND others. Think about that next time you observe "plenty of professional" pilots not doing checklistls.

...i think a contributing factor was the T/O warning system for flaps was inop. Had that system worked the accident most probably wouldn't have ocurred. Obviously, pro pilots should do the checklists.

Last edited:
FN FAL said:
400 is pretty good...don't sweat these guys, they never met anyone that could bench three regional FO's before.

Maybe you two should get together and shave each other's backs.

My personal theory is that once you get past a certain size, you don't look good to females anymore . . . it becomes a turn-off to them. The only people that are attracted to plateheads are other plate-heads, and that's just a little too gay for me.

Ty Webb said:
The only people that are attracted to plateheads are other plate-heads, and that's just a little too gay for me.

Now settle down my scrawny little friend (lol) ... you've had your sensitive feelings hurt again. What's really gay is some pencil-neck whining for days because a Cessna cut him off on a taxiway ... LOL!! Oh man ... now I've done it ... you're gunna tell us (AGAIN!) how mean and dangerous that was and how a lesser aviator wouldn't have been able to handle such an evasive ground maneuver! We'll all be subjected to hearing the harrowing account (AGAIN!) of how you depressed the brake pedals to slow your taxi speed ... LOL!

BBB

If that's the best you can do, you really are a ball-waxin', pillow-bitin' Nancy-Boy.

Don't you have a pack of 'boros to crush in some niece's pocket somewhere?

Ty Webb said:
If that's the best you can do, you really are a ball-waxin', pillow-bitin' Nancy-Boy.

Don't you have a pack of 'boros to crush in some niece's pocket somewhere?

Now Ty ... this is about the tenth time in as many posts that you have made an explicit reference to homosexuality (not that there's anything wrong with that!) I'm sure you'll find your Airtran family just as accommodating to your preference as they've shown for the numerous SCABS they employ. :D

Last edited:
semperfido said:
...i think a contributing factor was the T/O warning system for flaps was inop. Had that system worked the accident most probably wouldn't have ocurred. Obviously, pro pilots should do the checklists.

I believe that the CB's were pulled, that's why the syst was disabled.

Going deep into the memory banks, form what I was told the over speed horn was tied into the T/O warning horn. Pulling the CB's disabled both systems. Maybe someone with a little more DC9 time can verify this.

G4G5 said:
I believe that the CB's were pulled, that's why the syst was disabled.

Going deep into the memory banks, form what I was told the over speed horn was tied into the T/O warning horn. Pulling the CB's disabled both systems. Maybe someone with a little more DC9 time can verify this.

from the ntsb summary,

The National Transportation Safety Board determines that the probable
cause of the accident was the flightcrew's failure to use the taxi
checklist to ensure that the flaps and slats were extended for takeoff.
Contributing to the accident was the absence of electrical power to the
airplane takeoff warning system which thus did not warn the flightcrew
that the airplane was not configured properly for takeoff. The reason
for the absence of electrical power could not be determined.

Last edited:
"The reason for the absence of electrical power could not be determined."

That's because the crew on the prior leg denied ever pulling the overspeed warning horn CB. Since the NTSB could not track down which leg the CB was pulled, or who pulled it, they could not determine the reason for the absence of elect power.

Or at least that's what I was told.

Last edited:
Ty Webb said:
Maybe you two should get together and shave each other's backs.

My personal theory is that once you get past a certain size, you don't look good to females anymore . . . it becomes a turn-off to them. The only people that are attracted to plateheads are other plate-heads, and that's just a little too gay for me.

Personal theory? Hmmmm. My personal theory is that you just spend a lot of time thinking about men. How do you know what turns-on women? Did you hear this on Oprah? Read it in Glamour? What is that certain size Ty, you failed to mention that. (I'm guessing anyone bigger than you fits into that "certain size")

My wife would disagree with you on your "personal theory". Now given, I can only bench 205 and I weigh 185# at 5'8". But, my wife likes that I'm a lot bigger than the average guy for my height. She (and a lot of her girlfriends) don't like the skinny-stick dudes, which sounds like the category you fit into.

Don't worry Ty. One of these days you might be able to bench maybe half of your weight.

Latest resources

Back