• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

America West pilots to the pokey

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Look, Clyde, I don't want to ruin your year, but warming up with 205 (actually 225- two plates on each side) doesn't even come close to being a platehead . . . . . so if that's your goal, you got a long, long way to go.

Ty Webb said:
Look, Clyde, I don't want to ruin your year, but warming up with 205 (actually 225- two plates on each side) doesn't even come close to being a platehead . . . . . so if that's your goal, you got a long, long way to go.

Tynkerbell,

You still don't have a clue. If you are warming up with 225, than you should be able to press at least 350+. I don't know too many small dudes who are benching that.

I noticed you said "actually 225-two plates on each side". Are YOU feeling a little insecure??

I still don't think you have ever seen the inside of a gym, except maybe in high school.

By the way, why don't you clear the air for all of us and tell us what your definition of "platehead" is?

Clyde said:
Tynkerbell,

You still don't have a clue. If you are warming up with 225, than you should be able to press at least 350+. I don't know too many small dudes who are benching that.

Let me spell it out for you, Clyde . . . . size 13 shoe, size 46L jacket . . . .and if you are a MD11 FO at Brown, my W-2 is bigger than yours, too.

Copy?

I kind of came in late to this banter, but from all indications, Clyde has a severe self esteem issue that he must continually try and impress with his internet bravado. Kind of sad, actually.

Go ahead. Attack me too and regale me with your feats of strength and impress me with the description of your abs. I'm not so insecure that I would give a dam*.

Yank McCobb said:
I kind of came in late to this banter, but from all indications, Clyde has a severe self esteem issue that he must continually try and impress with his internet bravado. Kind of sad, actually.

Go ahead. Attack me too and regale me with your feats of strength and impress me with the description of your abs. I'm not so insecure that I would give a dam*.

You forgot the big truck Yank. Big Giant Truck. Paid cash for it!

Ty Webb said:
Let me spell it out for you, Clyde . . . . size 13 shoe, size 46L jacket . . . .and if you are a MD11 FO at Brown, my W-2 is bigger than yours, too.

Copy?

Oh no, not a "my W-2 is bigger than your W-2" comparison.

I beg to differ with you Ty. I could give you the numbers, but you would just be in denial. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yank McCobb said:

If you didn't give a dam* you wouldn't have even brought it up.

Gotcha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ty, RDG,

You've been had!!

I hope you guys are good sports, because I couldn't resist.

One of the things I find so amusing is how seriously people take things on here. Seriously, did you guys actually think that someone would list what they do in the gym and what their abs look like AND be serious?!?!?!?!?

I do work out, but I'll spare the details on what, how much, and sizes. And no I didn't buy a new truck for cash, I honestly thought you guys would have caught on by then. It took me by surprise when you didn't.

But this is why stuff like this is funny.

I made the comments about weights and paying cash for a truck, and it just screwed you two even further into the ceiling. That led to things such as the insecurity comments. I wish you could see how hard I was laughing when I read some of the responses.

This board has become way too serious.

Examples: (in general, not just you two)

"my airplane is bigger/better than yours"
"my airline is better than yours."
"oh no you didn't, that doesen't happen"
"hey, you took my job, I have more hours than you"

That's just a few examples. I really get a chuckle when someone starts a thread like "Interview Gouge for XYZ Airlines", and the first 5 responses start out with people asking what the guy's minimums are. Then, the next response is from someone who has triple the minimums and still can't get hired there. The next 3 or 4 after that try and tell the guy that that it must be because of who he is flying for. When the first guy answers with his minimums, the next 8-10 answer with how someone else is taking "their job" because these 8-10 have their 1000PIC and seem to think that they are somehow automatically deserving of it. The next 5 complain about how the LCC's are destroying the industry. Then, 2 to 3 pages break out about who are the best/worst LCC's. A couple of people may throw in a PFT comment too. Before you know it, 4 or 5 pages have gone by, and the poor guy who just wanted a simple answer to his question still hasn't received it yet and his interview was last week.

Now given, I usually post serious responses on here. But, after a couple of years of watching how seriously people take stuff around here, it's hard not to toy arond a little bit.

I have a lot of time off before my next trip. Sometimes it gets boring around here, so thanks for the cheap amusement.

No hard feelings,

- Clyde

So, does this mean you do drive a Miata? Or that your wife doesn;t really like you better than some pencil-necked geek?

I'm so confused. . . . . .

Ty Webb said:
So, does this mean you do drive a Miata? Or that your wife doesn;t really like you better than some pencil-necked geek?

I'm so confused. . . . . .

:D No Miata, too many SUV's out intermixed out there with them.

My wife likes me better stocky than thin. I showed her a picture of me about 8 years as a CFI when I ran but didn't strenght train. 5 years ago I started hitting the weights in addition to running and put some insulation between the bones and the skin. She likes me better like this.

Anyways, don't knock being confused, sometimes it's not a bad place to be.

Latest resources

Back