• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

America West pilots to the pokey

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, the only one that really did throw their bench press out there to impress was the fat guy?

RDG said:
So, the only one that really did throw their bench press out there to impress was the fat guy?

With all of Clyde's monkeying around, I nearly forgot that a pack of Marlboros were tragically crushed in the pocket of BBB's cousin.

Oh, the humanity.

The Facts

aeronautic1 said:
"Ever drank on an overnight? (let's say you have a 24 layover, get considerably drunk, cut it off at 12 hrs. Company rules covered, faa covered, legally sober.....are you gonna be 100% - Nope). "

You obviously have missed the sentence in the regs that states the legal BAC limit for pilots is .04, not just 8 hours or company 12 hour rules. I can assure you that if your get "considerably drunk," cut off 12 hours before the trip; that you will blow over .04. I know, because I used to be a cop and breathalyzer operator.

These guys got what they deserved. If not for the actions of an asstute TSA screener, a major aviation accident was probaby averted. A break in the chain scenario.

Just what is the punishment for careless disregard for the safety of 125 passengers, a 40 million dollar airplane not to mention who they may have landed on top of if they crashed.

For all you alchies out there crying foul, let me quote a great line that fits: "Son your ego is writing checks that your body can't cash!"

Cops know everything and the TSA is just that good. Rule one never trust a cop. Rule #2 why don't you stick to the facts on Alcohol consumption versus the blood alcohol content as listed below. It's best to be educated on the specific facts instead of using amateur terms such as "considerably drunk." If you sir, had all of these prerequisite skills and qualifications then why can't you publish a simple chart?

zerobac.gif

NickASA said:
Cops know everything and the TSA is just that good. Rule one never trust a cop. Rule #2 why don't you stick to the facts on Alcohol consumption versus the blood alcohol content as listed below. It's best to be educated on the specific facts instead of using amateur terms such as "considerably drunk." If you sir, had all of these prerequisite skills and qualifications then why can't you publish a simple chart?

zerobac.gif
Wow...now I got a reason to put on twenty more pounds...it nets me two more drinks or two more hours! :D

I just read the BAC charts that were posted and I have to say.....BE CAREFUL...I really dont agree with the charts and here is why...

Im sure most people realize metabolism is different in all of us but lets get real...If you drink 3 Beers, are you really willing to take a breathalyzer 3.5 hours later hoping to score a 0.0. Sure you are, your an Airline Pilot and thats what the chart says. Whatever??????

Dudes/GALS If you still want to drink on a layover give yourself at least 2 hours for each beer that you have consumed to be totally metabolized. If you live by this simple rule you will never have to worry about going down a road that leads to the State Pen. IMHO You do the math...Best Advice.....No more than 2 - 3 drinks bofore the 12 hour rule. If you want more than that wait till you finish the trip and your back home...Hell it will taste a lot better then anyways....ENJOY.......

O yea, speaking of 'Bench Presses", I just threw down a case of Beer and walked into the playroom and benched 315# six times. My wife says IM CRAZY and I concur. Can anybody beat that one. By the way, I dont go to work for Six Days. Tomorrow I hurt. Just joking....I did neither of the two....

What would this have been like if people were killed even if the accident had not been related to the drinking?

Are we supposed to wait until we see the result to charge them.

The law is not written to preserve or determine what happens in your career. They are written to protect the public from ---- well from guys who get drunk, stay out all night, and show up to crank up an aircraft with your family on board.

Latest resources

Back