• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA Signs off on Age 65

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First, all you people who are saying it is going to happen anyway need to grow some balls. You are acting like the aircraft who has a lock on you from 50 miles away has killed you already. Even though we all agree the rule PROBABLY will change we need to do everything in our power to prevent it!!

Second, I thought it would come and here is the day. ALPA national is going against the wishes of the majority especially the regional pilots. It is time for the regional’s to create their own union, one that represents the specific thoughts and needs of that group. Major airline guys need to work hard to recall all the ALPA national leadership and replace them with leadership that looks out for the group as a whole, not their own interests. We have a hard road ahead but this can be the turning point for US pilots.

First, all you people who are saying it is going to happen anyway need to grow some balls. You are acting like the aircraft who has a lock on you from 50 miles away has killed you already. Even though we all agree the rule PROBABLY will change we need to do everything in our power to prevent it!!

I say "its going to happen anyway" is because it will, and I want it to!
By the way, I have some balls, pretty big ones at that too. :p

OK...I haven't been an ALPA member for 14 years ( but somehow, still get the magazine)...but I'll try to help you out. BTW...it doesn't happen on a web forum.

First...Call your local Secretary/Treasurer, tell him/her you want to add a recall motion to the of the next LEC meeting.

Second...get as many people to go to the meeting as possible...more than the usual 13-14 regulars that normally show up to LEC meetings ( as I "recall"-no pun intended).

Third...this one always helps...have a Recall Resolution ready to go...you know...

Whereas...blah, blah, blah

And, whereas...blah, blah, blah

And whereas...blah, blah, blah ( you get the idea...the more "Whereas" paragraphs you have, the stronger your arguement)

Therefore, be it Resloved that Captain John Prater be recalled from the Office of ALPA President.

then in your LEC mee4ting a discussion takes place on this...then the memberhsip votes...then your LEC is bound to take this to the next MEC meeting. If the MEC approves this...it goes to National....Where all the MEC's get to vote on this.

Get with it, Puppy....they're waiting on you....

Who you calling puppy? Fortunate for you, you can get away with here and here only.

Last edited:
OK...I haven't been an ALPA member for 14 years ( but somehow, still get the magazine)...but I'll try to help you out. BTW...it doesn't happen on a web forum.

First...Call your local Secretary/Treasurer, tell him/her you want to add a recall motion to the of the next LEC meeting.

Second...get as many people to go to the meeting as possible...more than the usual 13-14 regulars that normally show up to LEC meetings ( as I "recall"-no pun intended).

Third...this one always helps...have a Recall Resolution ready to go...you know...

Whereas...blah, blah, blah

And, whereas...blah, blah, blah

And whereas...blah, blah, blah ( you get the idea...the more "Whereas" paragraphs you have, the stronger your arguement)

Therefore, be it Resloved that Captain John Prater be recalled from the Office of ALPA President.

then in your LEC mee4ting a discussion takes place on this...then the memberhsip votes...then your LEC is bound to take this to the next MEC meeting. If the MEC approves this...it goes to National....Where all the MEC's get to vote on this.

Get with it, Puppy....they're waiting on you....

I don't think we need to do any of that stuff, recall is too good for these guys.

Let's address it in our CBAs. Let's make age 60+ pay copilot's rates and give the next most senior crewmember <60 the captains pay. Afterall, it will be that pilot's age enabling the operation. Or maybe make age 60+ pay work like a reverse mortgage where the pay decreases over the five years to zero for the last month.

Go after them like they've gone after us!

Enigma: The numbers you posted are wrong, and so are you.

Nice try though.

FJ

I may be wrong, but the numbers are not. The report I saw numbered 22 pages. Maybe you and I are just looking at different pages.

IMHO ALPA mada a big mistake on this one. This was an opportunity for John Prater and co. to take a stand and make a statement. Unfortunately the majority was not represented in this decision. This one issue has and will continue to divide the ALPA membership. It is now clear that the junior guys at the majors and regional guys are not being represented. The only way we can take back our industry is through unity. Besides, the fabled "pilot shortage" was supposed to be one of our bargaining chips. If you say you are gonna take back our industry, take it back! Don't roll over dead! WHAT A JOKE! I believe that over time the ALPA membership at the regionals and some majors will leave the union in search of true representation. Sad but true.

NEWS FLASH:

Over age 60 ALPA pilots flying in the USA! Air Canada Jazz pilot, represented by ALPA, safely and successfully operates in/out of US Capitol. Angry mob of under Age 60 US pilots mass to riot but get thwarted by TSA. LaDonna of the TSA put down her super slurpee and made this statement "I don't know what dem crazy pilots wuz doin', but we stopped 'em... oh and sum of dem was fine!!"

Meanwhile in other news the ALPA EB defies it membership. Many ALPA members demanded that ALPA adhere to the will of the membership. One ALPA pilot who remained anonymous stated: We demand that ALPA leaves us in the pre deregulation era. We don't want to be progressive. Nor do we want to adapt to the changes. We demand that we stay inside the box. We reject any outside of the box thinking. Even though the industry is radically changing we insist on using old school laws.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back