ALPA Signs off on Age 65

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I support AGE 65!!!!

of course, I won't be flying past 55 and will never board an airliner with a pilot who wears Depends and is only there because he couldn't set aside dough for his golden years. .......but I still support it!

Dear age 55+ airline pilots,

You're welcome for the windfall.

Signed,

Every furloughed and/or under 40 airline pilot's career expectations

My question is, will our pilot medicals become 'real' medicals now? That could thin the herd, mentally and physically.

Last edited:
Crashpad soon you will be one of those pilots that you hate!

What's the process for recalling Prater? I don't give a sh$t what he or the others that are in the minority think on the age change thing that's not what I am paying them for. I'm tired of my dues supporting the self serving types.

My question is, will our pilot medicals become 'real' medicals now? That could thin the herd, mentally and physically.

Bullet points from the ALPA Press Release...

Opposing any additional age-related diagnostic medical testing.
Opposing any attempt by the FAA to obtain greater access to pilot medical records.
Supporting FAA Air Surgeon Tilton’s recommendation to require a 1st Class Medical certification every six months for pilots over age 60.
Opposing for domestic operation the implementation of the ICAO standard that at least one pilot in the cockpit be under age 60. Once sufficient data on pilots over age 60 becomes available, unless the necessity for this mitigation for the long term is clearly shown, advocate for removal of the ICAO over/under mitigation for all operations.

ALPA creating desperate pilots can't be good for the profession. This basically negates any pilot shortage and creates a surplus of desperate pilots applying to VA or skybus. There will probably be significant undercutting......This is why NWA management is against the change.

Sneaky little scumbags aren't they. That one question on whether ALPA should be involved IF the change passes lets them ignore the wishes of the majority. Now they can say, "well weeeee feel it's going to change so we're just doing what our members want. Ha Ha Ha what slime balls.

Latest resources

Back