• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alpa President John Prater's Video Response To Age 60

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know if this is true or false... is there a reference that says so?

ALPA conducted a poll of the entire membership less than two years ago that resulted in about two-thirds of the members voting to keep age-60.

FH... so even though this will be too late for you, are you gonna be one of those who will sue ALPA, FAA, and everyone else to get back on the list?
Sorry Son, at FedEx we had pilots on the list to age 79. You don't get removed unless you retire, quit, get fired, don't accept a recall.:beer: :D

Sorry Son, at FedEx we had pilots on the list to age 79. You don't get removed unless you retire, quit, get fired, don't accept a recall.:beer: :D

Fox Hunter the mighty captain becomes a "switch B1tch", now go get me a cup of coffee...

I would pay a lot to see you doing pre-flights on those cold dark night, and then fetching your young captain and fo coffee.

It will be a job befitting you.

AAflyer:)

Either way this goes down, someone will get screwed.

I nominate the ones who can already afford to fly warbirds.....

RSO - RIGHT SEAT ONLY

Could be that he will call for a real VOTE, not a poll. Intersting to see your reaction if it went the wrong way:beer: , according to your view.

Yeah let ALL ALPA members vote on this. Been an ALPA member for over 20 years and I didn't get polled on that "70% in favor" yall are talkng about! BTW, I'd be in favor of going for it!

Every pilot entered this profession knowing what the retirement age was.
Every pilot also knew that furloughs, hard economic times, job actions, strikes, rule changes ect are also apart of being an airline pilot. YOU knew these things prior to starting your career. Where does it say that you have a right to be an airline pilot? Where does it say that you must upgrade in X number of years? Where does it say that those that are approaching the Age 60 rule did NOT go through those "career hick ups" and lost money during those hard times? Like their pensions?
Now some on here want to have a re-vote because it did not turn out your way. You sound like Gore and Kerry. I don’t like the results so lets vote until it goes my way. Whaaaaa
I know, why doesn’t APLA take a vote and see if they will limit ALL ALPA pilots to the Age 60 rule and leave the rest of the industry alone? Or how about having that Age 60 guy sit in YOUR right seat and still get paid his Captain salary? Then you can make the Capt. dollars until the airline goes Chapter 7. So much for your career expectations.
I bet some of you complain that some Captains were on property only 5 or so years during a hiring boom and that you are looking at 10+ years. That’s not fair either. So you should make Captain in 5 years too.
Rant off.

ALPA conducted a poll of the entire membership less than two years ago that resulted in about two-thirds of the members voting to keep age-60.

Was that the poll that only 1/3 of the entire membership participated?

Latest resources

Back