• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alpa President John Prater's Video Response To Age 60

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just wrote captain Prater myself. That video was a joke, and a slap in the face to the MAJORITY of alpa mambers.

So much for a new diredtion for ALPA.

Hey Falcon,
Hope you dont mind but your letter is so well written that I borrowed parts of it and shipped it of to Prater myself

Thanks, Tico

Somehow I have the feeling the next video will explain how the change was out of ALPA's control. However, ALPA supports the FAA decision.

I support Age 60 wholeheartedly, and was saddened to see the NPRM. But this video seemed quite reasonable. Prater can't just call up Blakey and get the NPRM tossed out. If there is a change, ALPA should have given this some thought (presumably the mission of the blue ribbon panel) so as to be better able to manage the transition and clean up the ensuing mess. Screaming "HELL NO!" nor sticking the union's collective head in the sand is going to generate a positive outcome. Play the cards you're dealt.

No, actually it's not reasonable. You can see right through this that this man supports the rule change despite the majority. He needs to vigorously oppose this NPRM, something he hasn't done.

Hey Falcon,
Hope you dont mind but your letter is so well written that I borrowed parts of it and shipped it of to Prater myself

Thanks, Tico

No problem. I encourage everybody to fire away at Capt Prater.

Even those in favor.

He should represent the majority, not his personal agenda.

FJ

No problem. I encourage everybody to fire away at Capt Prater.

Even those in favor.

He should represent the majority, not his personal agenda.

FJ

Could be that he will call for a real VOTE, not a poll. Intersting to see your reaction if it went the wrong way:beer: , according to your view.

I think another vote would be good. Be sure to allow the probes and furloughs to vote.

I think many who didn't vote last time(I'm talking about the ones who were eligible) would this time. Their non-vote was probably approving of the status quo and they figured the FAA would never get around to changing it. Now, they're fully aware of the implications of not voting.

Many who did vote for change last time might change their minds this time. E.g. 40 y/o who thought, 'yeah, I hope it changes 15 years from now,' will now be thinking "Hell no, not now!"

Last edited:
Could be that he will call for a real VOTE, not a poll. Intersting to see your reaction if it went the wrong way:beer: , according to your view.

Probably something stupid and juvenile like calling him a clansman....oh wait, that's you. Disregard.

FH... so even though this will be too late for you, are you gonna be one of those who will sue ALPA, FAA, and everyone else to get back on the list?

Latest resources

Back