• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alpa President John Prater's Video Response To Age 60

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually RJMan, we all did have the opportunity, but only 37% participated. There was plenty of information put out, but most people didn't participate....

BS what about the furloughees and the probies??? Oh thats right they didnt get to vote and which side do you think they would have been on ???

ALPA is done. All you crusty senior guys can rule your liitle fiefdom but the younger generation is going to throw you under a bus when the time comes. You have screwed us all to many times.

BS what about the furloughees and the probies??? Oh thats right they didnt get to vote and which side do you think they would have been on ???

ALPA is done. All you crusty senior guys can rule your liitle fiefdom but the younger generation is going to throw you under a bus when the time comes. You have screwed us all to many times.

Aussiefly:
1. I'm not one of the "crusty senior guys" throwing you under a bus. I'm at a regional and I have 20 years left.

2. The information I posted was correct. It wasn't "BS". Only 37% of those eligible even bothered to participate. I don't think most people really care one way or the other.

3. It isn't just old guys throwing young guys under the bus. Look at mergers, scope, regional vs. mainline. There is an abundance of throwing other people under the bus in this profession....

Why not be a good guy and think of why ALPA would not let them vote. Is there a valid reason....

Praters one month honeymoon over... ?? Quiter!

Aussiefly:
3. It isn't just old guys throwing young guys under the bus. Look at mergers, scope, regional vs. mainline. There is an abundance of throwing other people under the bus in this profession....

Fair Point Joe

P.S just had someone question me as to how I could have an opinion etc. Just to clarify this is my little brothers account so dont attribute my ramblings to him and i've also been 121 for sometime.

Last edited:
Was that the poll that only 1/3 of the entire membership participated?

If they don't vote, then they've marginalized themselves. They get no sympathy from me if they refuse to participate in the process. The membership that bothered to vote made it quite clear where they stand on this issue. That's what matters.

The membership that bothered to vote made it quite clear where they stand on this issue. That's what matters.

The membership that did bother is a minority. The majority is aloof....

That allows the leadership to do as they wish.....

The membership that did bother is a minority. The majority is aloof....

That allows the leadership to do as they wish.....

Sorry, but that's just BS. The leadership can't simply do as they wish just because a large portion of the membership isn't involved. Let's say that a Local Council meeting is held and only 10% of the members are present., The membership present votes on a resolution that requires the LEC leaders to take the resolution to the MEC for discussion. Do the LEC leaders simply ignore the resolution because only 10% of the members bothered to show up and be involved? Of course not. This is no different. The membership was given the opportunity to speak their mind on this issue, the membership directed us, and we should do as directed.

I love watching two ALPA true believers argue about ALPA....

And your point? Not smug, but last I checked it's a free country and I too can contact my union pres, and representatives on how I feel about eliminating the 60 age restriction. Sorry I don't have the same belief you do.

Fair enough. I retract my barb, and apologize. Congrats on your win. I guess I misinterpreted your statement as a type of taunting.

Latest resources

Back