ALPA President and Delta Connection ASA Pilots to Picket SkyWest Headquarters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OR, you could go to UPS and fly a 747 for 727 pay....RIGHT? THEBEST

You've got it backwards there, boss. The UPS guys fly 727s for 747 pay. I don't think anyone would be complaining if Skywest had a single rate if it was a 90-seat rate.

It's kinda funny that they're picketing in St. George...nobody'll see them except the local population...the place isn't even on a main road where people driving by will see them......

Was there last week, and the week before, and the week before, and the week before....unless they plan on hanging out on the sidewalk, they'll be pretty much hidden from traffic....not to mention it's not exactly I-405 at 8am monday morning on river road.....

So then why bother? Is the local population going to call SkyWest and demand that your contract get settled? 99% of the people here have no clue who ASA is (or care). The local population will probably pay as much attention to the pickets as they did to the add that ran in the local paper this morning. If they want more bang for the buck, they should go stand up on I-15 and people that don't even live in SGU will see them.

I think the picket line should be moved to LAS. Set up shop in front of the Cheetah Club. There will be an equal amount of people that will care there as well.

So then why bother? Is the local population going to call SkyWest and demand that your contract get settled? 99% of the people here have no clue who ASA is (or care). The local population will probably pay as much attention to the pickets as they did to the add that ran in the local paper this morning. If they want more bang for the buck, they should go stand up on I-15 and people that don't even live in SGU will see them.

I agree.....

as for the guy that compared some skywest pilots with the guys at hojets, it's two completely different things.......This is a logical argument using common sense and reason. Picketing in St. George won't get anybody anything but busted corns on their feet. Maybe these guys should picket in the ATL in front of their company headquarters or put an add out in a national newspaper. St. George is a very isolated town, so unless their target audience is uncle Jerry and his cronies (who probably won't pay attention anyways), it's pointless to picket.

I also don't understand why they're picketing skywest now, when they were in negotiations with Delta management for 3 years (and they've gotten farther in a year with skywest at the helm)....why wasn't any action taken then????? I just doesn't make sense to me.

The fact is, the picketing isn't going to get anybody anything. Picketing, screaming, kicking...Nothing is going to make anything better right away. It may take another 4 years to get something done..and I doubt the NMB will do anything to stop that.......

Not that I disagree with your opinion of alpa (because I do agree alpa sucks for us) but, they did picket at the delta shareholders meeting and lifestyle has begun to "degenerate" as you said. SLC base closing, losing 700's, not getting 900's.

sorry you missed my point. But it did lots of good there! THEBEST

You've got it backwards there, boss. The UPS guys fly 727s for 747 pay. I don't think anyone would be complaining if Skywest had a single rate if it was a 90-seat rate.
Backwards, frontwards....hey its like flying a 50 for 90 or like flying a 90 for 50 pay! THEBEST

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back