• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA President and Delta Connection ASA Pilots to Picket SkyWest Headquarters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just like the government stopped Northwest from busting up the mechanics union?

Just for the sake of clarity, the Gov. had no place to stop the NW MX union from being busted. Quite the contrary the NW MX union is not busted but alive and well. If an employee group decides to strike (ie. use the last bargaining tool they have, self help) they have decided to give up their jobs in an effort to force the company into an agreement. NW didn't bust any union, they just replaced striking workers. I'm not saying it is right to replace striking workers, but it is completly legal for them to do so.

For those that didn't know about the picketing, it was on our MEC atis deal. Personally, I think it is a waste of time. Picketting is a useless demonstration when management already knows how irritated and distgusted you are with the contract situation. I feel pretty confident that they know we're upset. I'd preffer to wish in one hand and s*#t in the other- at least I will save the hassle of nonreving and the results are the same.........

I got called for a skywest interview... hmm i'll go fly the 90 for 50 seat rates...... NOTTTTTTTTTTTT

How?

Why not picket and how would it not help?

Why did they come up with the idea to picket at this time? Why didn't they picket in Atlanta when their arses were with Delta? ASA is an ACQUIRED airline, therefore they should be thankful that they are still employed. They haven't taken paycuts or furloughs and that their life style hasn't degenerated in the time Skywest has owned them! Degeneration is what happened to the life styles at United, Delta, etc.......

"The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them will illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim." Gustave Le Bon

THEBEST

SKYW pilots been working how long since their 18 month TA expired?
Do you think they'd be back at the table if it wasn't for the threat of a union.
Ya and ASA's pay negotiations are going well? Open your eyes and look what alpa is REALLY doing for you.....picketing in SGU like a bunch of hippies that can't come up with anything better to do! GO alpa? THEBEST

River Road is one of the main roads thru town. Have you ever been to SGU?

Was there last week, and the week before, and the week before, and the week before....unless they plan on hanging out on the sidewalk, they'll be pretty much hidden from traffic....not to mention it's not exactly I-405 at 8am monday morning on river road.....

Why did they come up with the idea to picket at this time? Why didn't they picket in Atlanta when their arses were with Delta? ASA is an ACQUIRED airline, therefore they should be thankful that they are still employed. They haven't taken paycuts or furloughs and that their life style hasn't degenerated in the time Skywest has owned them! Degeneration is what happened to the life styles at United, Delta, etc.......

"The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them will illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim." Gustave Le Bon

THEBEST
Not that I disagree with your opinion of alpa (because I do agree alpa sucks for us) but, they did picket at the delta shareholders meeting and lifestyle has begun to "degenerate" as you said. SLC base closing, losing 700's, not getting 900's.

Latest resources

Back