• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rogue5

Adult Swim junkie
ALPA President and Delta Connection ASA Pilots to Picket SkyWest Headquarters

ST. GEORGE, Utah, Oct. 11 /PRNewswire/ -- Capt. Duane E. Woerth,president of the Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA), alongwith pilots from Atlantic Southeast Airlines (ASA) and other members of the Association will conduct informational picketing at the headquarters ofSkyWest, Inc. (Nasdaq: SKYW). ASA operates under the "Delta Connection"livery and is a wholly owned subsidiary of SkyWest, Inc.

Why: The Association is picketing to demonstrate its frustration with theamount of time it is taking to negotiate the pilots' next collectivebargaining agreement. Although ASA was sold to SkyWest, Inc., by Delta AirLines, Inc. in September 2005, there has been no significant change in ASAmanagement's apparent lack of interest in concluding these talks.

Negotiations have dragged on for more than four years, and 11 sections ofthe labor contract still need to be addressed.

When: Friday, October 13, 2006 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m., MDT Where: SkyWest Corporate Offices, 444 South River Road, St. George, Utah 84790 Background: The ASA pilots began negotiations with management in September 2002,when their most current contract became amendable under the terms of theRailway Labor Act. Negotiations have been conducted with the assistance ofthe National Mediation Board (NMB) since May 2004.

However, citing the distance between the pilot and management proposals for the remainingsections of the contract, the NMB indefinitely recessed negotiations in May2006. Founded in 1931, ALPA is the world's largest pilot union, representing 60,000 pilots at 40 airlines in the United States and Canada.

Visit theALPA website at http://www.alpa.org.

SOURCE Air Line Pilots Association, International

What a waste of time...Give it a try you may get somewhere....Don't make it a complete bust though bring your Golf Clubs!!!

It's kinda funny that they're picketing in St. George...nobody'll see them except the local population...the place isn't even on a main road where people driving by will see them......

Are they buying tickets or driving? It's almost impossible to jumpseat/non-rev there unless you're pretty senior at skywest

THE REAL DUANE WORTH? You would think at half a million a year he could hire a stand in. But I suppose walking around in circles is about all he can do anyway.

No really though this is great, becuase this will hopefully piss off JA enough that he'll really pull the rug out from under ASA ALPA and you guys will be only a memory.

Also can you bring in the SkyWest ALPA Organizing Commies, there are a few senior to me and I will get better trips this way.

Hope it rains. Have fun.

THE REAL DUANE WORTH? You would think at half a million a year he could hire a stand in. But I suppose walking around in circles is about all he can do anyway.

No really though this is great, becuase this will hopefully piss off JA enough that he'll really pull the rug out from under ASA ALPA and you guys will be only a memory.

That's nice of you to say. Do you have a problem with ASA pilots?

Last edited:
It's kinda funny that they're picketing in St. George...nobody'll see them except the local population...the place isn't even on a main road where people driving by will see them......

That's not the point of picketing. Having the general public see you isn't that important. What matters is getting the media to come out to get some pictures and conduct interviews with Captain Woerth. Nothing angers management more than bad press.

Not to mention it's in front of corporate headquarters durring a SHAREHOLDERS MEETING.......Who cares about the public anyways. Oh, and as far as pulling the rug out from under the ASA pilots- Not that I'm a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that would amount to union busting. Pretty sure the government would have an issue about that.

Oh, and keep running your mouth regarding the ASA pilot group and our issue. You are looking at this as if a new Christmas is looming if we go out on strike. Just remember one thing- Skywest would have to hire a boat load of pilots to take up the slack (1700+). I'm resonably sure that some of those would have to be former ASA guys. Want to see a rebirth of the Civil War???

DAMN CARPETBAGGERS!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back