• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA President and Delta Connection ASA Pilots to Picket SkyWest Headquarters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A little arrogant? Not that you're biased or anything?

I just spoke to someone who was there and apparently Jerry greeted the picket line then went on to argue with Duane about how ASA needs to be at industry average pay. Is Jerry that stupid that he thought he'd convince Duane of anything? Apparently, he really looked like an ass. Clearly, he's more naieve in union dealings than anyone thought.

So I guess Duane thought he'd convince Atkin of anything? What did he think he was going to do, come running outside with a blank check?

The "way things are going" IS NOT THE FAULT OF ALPA OR UNIONS!!!!!!!!

It is the fault of whipsawing, and bottom feeder airlines like Mesa and Skywest (50 seat pay to 99 seaters)! Stop saying this is a union thing. Without our union, we would be in a hugh mess!!! They/it is not to blame! The blame is pressure to reduce our costs to keep up with others willing to underbid us for our flying! NOT THE UNION! Things are a mess for us at ASA because Skywest Inc is taking our airplanes and flying, and giving it to Skywest pilots. We want you to unionize to maybe put a stop to this, and insulate you SKYW pilots from facing it in the future, when they come for you next! How can you look at ASA and say you pin our problems on our having a union. Look in the mirror. There is our problem.

we dont want a union or insulation... im sorry that im your problem.... but it seems to me that if Skywest didnt buy you someone else would have- like mesa ha ha ha ha ha now thats funny..

So folks, you can see that we have some SKyWest pilots on the same team with the GooJet and Freedom A-listers.

Are you ********************ing serious?? Skywest has been Skywest for 35 years, and last year they purchased ASA from bankrupt Delta. There is no alter ego carrier. Just one company that bought another company that was in bankruptcy. Do you even have a high school diploma?

Are you ********************ing serious?? Skywest has been Skywest for 35 years, and last year they purchased ASA from bankrupt Delta. There is no alter ego carrier. Just one company that bought another company that was in bankruptcy. Do you even have a high school diploma?
Say what? I could have sworn Delta went into bankruptcy after the sale of ASA. Is that not the case?

-Blucher:erm:

Yes, Skywest bought ASA from Delta one week before Delta entered into bankrupcty, as a shocker to everyone in the country. People could be heard for miles around, saying to one another how they couldnt believe that just one week ago Delta was doing so good financially and now they are in bankruptcy.

they couldnt believe that just one week ago Delta was doing so good financially and now they are in bankruptcy.

I believe a big part of Delta filing bankruptcy when they did was the change in law where management loss alot of their decisions and the creditors were granted more say so during reorganizing, under the new law. Something like that anyway.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

Now that I'm beginning to worry about such things, where, exactly, do you live that they don't teach one how to read until the high school level? I've got a nephew in elementary school who can read and understand the news paper. I'm pretty sure that is all one would need to be able to determine a timeline for this issue.

As for people being shocked about an airline (any airline) going into bankruptcy after having to deal with not only world events (ala 9/11), but also corrupt leaders of such airlines who cared more about filling their own pockets as they jumped ship, rather than the dedicated life-long employees, no there probably weren't many shocked readers among the gallery.

Perhaps, assuming you are the proud holder of a high school diploma (as you insinuate others are not), you have noticed that it quickly became very tough for any legacy carrier to compete in an industry in which the government was allowing certain carriers to be "protected" under bankruptcy, while those who actually had a viable business plan suffered by actually having to pay their bills. Of course you can charge $39 cross country if you don't actually have to pay for anything you buy. Great!!! Super plan! Now what happens to the non-bankrupt carriers?

-Blucher:erm:

ALPA: "Screw you, SkyWest, for screwing with the ASA Pilots!"
ALPA: "By the way, would you like some new bag tags so we can screw your pilots too?"

Again, unions are businesses, too.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back