ALPA MEC tells Gary Kelly no thanks..again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
More Delay = more money for ALPA

ALPA stands to make an additional $300K per month in dues as long as they represent the AT pilots, why would they kill of the GOOSE so quickly, they appear to be only interested in their coffers not the pilots

It is dangerous to jump into internal union politics of other pilot unions; but in this case I urge every AAI pilot who wishes to see a negotiated settlement for an SLI, call your reps. I believe an extension will ensure them the best chance of getting on the SWA seniority list with the least damage to all sides and I urge you to call your MEC reps to reconsider this request from GK.

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain at finding a negotiated settlement vs. the possibility of an arbitrated settlement. I won't recite GK's newsline quote as I know it will rile some persons up but GK has offered a possible path to find a negotiated settlement by reaching out with this request....I urge you to consider this "delay" as a hand reaching out to help make this all workout.

I hope you will consider the denial of GK's request by ALPA as counter to the best interests of the "majority" of the AAI pilots.

I apologize in advance if AAI pilots feel my advice is not needed or of value. Please reconsider and allow discussions to continue for the long-term fiscal health of your pilot group and for the long term cultural health of SWA once this is all done.

My $.02.

I believe they should take as much time as they need, but six months seems a little excessive. After all, we did get the AIP done in about a month, so I'm not for sure why six months would be needed to fix a few things. I don't think we are as far off as you might think. Our MEC screwed up by not sending the AIP out for the pilots to review. I think if they need extra time once they begin negotiations they'll get it.

Chase, that's good advise. Unfortunately as you've seen we never get a choice on anything.

We are witnessing the wheels coming off the ATN ALPA bus!!

I'm sure that any day now we will here of recalls for the MEC reps that voted the AIP down. Next, we will here a group of desperate trannies begging SWA for another shot at a negotiated deal. At some point in there, PCL (you know, the new Comm Chair and EVP of national) will say that these beggars are weak, and don't have the right to negotiate with SWA or SWAPA. What happens next is hard to say...maybe an airline in Atlanta acquires 717s, maybe some foreign airlines takes them, and SWA announces more 737 orders.

Recalls, audits, more recalls, mediation for 5+ years, more recalls, a new union, still no contract, acquisition, new contract, recall attempts, no transition agreement, process agreement, no process agreement, process agreement...again, AIP, no AIP.
Quite an embarrasing couple of years to say the least!

Next is: recalls, complete meltdown! It's just completely shameful!!

They are trying to play hardball with SWAPA and Gary. I would say that Gary is pretty close to showing them the door. Does he really want this type of divisiveness at Southwest? I'm pretty sure he's thinking it over.

Recalls, audits, more recalls, mediation for 5+ years, more recalls, a new union, still no contract, acquisition, new contract, recall attempts, no transition agreement, process agreement, no process agreement, process agreement...again, AIP, no AIP.
Quite an embarrasing couple of years to say the least!

Next is: recalls, complete meltdown! It's just completely shameful!!

Malibu,

I have to agree. I remember during the last recall that the AAI guys were already trying to cover their six. You know..nothing to see here, business as usual. Then a few defections later, and the 3 week stint over the AIP and now this. CLASSIC!

Latest resources

Back