ALPA fails at JB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is being ALPA in an M/A better?

Ask folks at other airlines if given the chance they would drop their CBA for the opportunity to go it alone. That will be your answer. I can't tell you how many guys I have talked to while commuting who start the conversation with "ALPA sucks", and then finish it with "but you gotta have them (or some sort of CBA)).

Not really seeing the advantage here at AirTran. Maybe he's thinking of the theoretical ALPA; It's the one everybody votes for and never sees.

Would you be better off without a CBA? Or maybe the NPA is more to your taste? Puhleese.

Condolences JB guys. As a Major airline, you need to have union representation. ALPA may not be perfect, but what in life is? They are the best out there.

Obviously a fear/misinformation campaign was started by some within your ranks. Communication and Education are what overcomes fear mongering.

Definately try again in the near future and be wary that Republicans are trying to change the NLRB rules back to the old days where a non-vote counts as a "No" vote, unlike today where a non-vote is simply not counted as a vote at all.

Not really seeing the advantage here at AirTran. Maybe he's thinking of the theoretical ALPA; It's the one everybody votes for and never sees.
What!? Where have you been for the last 2 years? AAI pilots are in a much better position with ALPA on board. The in-house NPA was more corrupt than Louisana politics and was worthless to boot.

We now have structure, communication, a team of lawyers, and deep pocket resources.

What did we have under NPA or would we have had with no union representation? Answer: Zero

Is being ALPA in an M/A better?

Quit stirring the pot Charlie. I recognize you from the hundreds of BS East/West threads on FI and I know where you are going with your not so subtle innocent questions. The last thing the JB guy's need or want is advice from any of the retreads on this board who represent US Airways (Both East and West). Best of luck to the folks at JB in your continued fight for representation.

Would you be better off without a CBA? Or maybe the NPA is more to your taste? Puhleese.

We were talking about M&A. I'm telling you that ALPA doesn't appear to help. Here's a list of recent wins that ALPA has been a part of;

1. USAIR and Am West. - Disaster

2. TWA and American. - Sued and Convicted of DFR

3. AirTran and SWA. - Steamrolled and on the verge of a staple

4. CAL and United - Jury is still out. Not looking rosy.

Quit stirring the pot Charlie. I recognize you from the hundreds of BS East/West threads on FI and I know where you are going with your not so subtle innocent questions. The last thing the JB guy's need or want is advice from any of the retreads on this board who represent US Airways (Both East and West). Best of luck to the folks at JB in your continued fight for representation.

I apologized for my ignorance already. I thought they had an in house union and now that I know that they don't I agree that ALPA is far better than none.

Latest resources

Back