• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA fails at JB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are both correct. I am not out of the school house yet. I don't remember saying that I know more than anyone, or am smarter than anyone. Yes, I am hopeing for better for sure. What I do know is that there is a long way to go. I also know that with only 11 years behind us, the company knows there is a long way to go also. %90+ of all post on FI come from the very outspoken ALPA supporters and 58% of the pilot group don't completely agree with you. The vote is over, you guys don't like the outcome. I get it.
So you have a couple choices. Quit, or go work for an ALPA carrier. Either way stop bitching. Wait until the next vote and you can vote again. B6 is not going to be ALPA for at least another year so why not play with the cards delt to ya and make the best of it.
I was looking forward to welcomeing in ALPA, but it didnt work out like that so lets all do what we can with what weve got.

Perhaps this is a good time to concentrate on your studies and not argue with line pilots. After you finish IOE you will have plenty of time to bitch for or against the DR.

You don't have to wait a year. You can sue to have the in-house group that negotiates for you to be disbanded under the RLA- see my quote above. Company funded collective bargaining agents are prohibited.

Love hearing the new hire guys from regional x y and meZa telling the senior guys how it is.

ALPA doesn't furlough, the Company does.

What a beautifully naive statement.
That's like blaming the cop for giving you a speeding ticket when you drive 30 MPH over the speed limit.

UALALPO knew exactly how manpower detrimental their work rule concessions were in C2003.
I jumped up and down on the UAL pilot forum in opposition of PBS because PBS is 5-10% more manpower 'efficient' than the system that was in place prior to PBS. Anyone with half a brain and understands line construction would know that.
And let's not forget raising minimum lines by ~15% for all pilots. Are you really going to sit here and tell anyone that increasing the number of monthly hours flown by pilots would not result in additional furloughs?
Both of the above negotiated concessions guaranteed large numbers of additional furloughs. Sure, the company furloughed the pilots but ULAALPO laid the groundwork to ensure additional furloughs.

And let's not forget the unlimited 70 seat giveaway. This allowed the company to park the entire 737 fleet.

In concessionary contract negotiations, you can lower wage rates. Those can be recovered. But give away work rules and you'll have an extremely hard time getting them back.

I find it incredulous that people who claim to be intelligent are unable to grasp the rather simple dynamic that more efficient work rules result in less personnel.

That being said, ALPA sh*t their own nest for so long that I seriously doubt that it will remain a viable entity much longer. You reap what you sow.

How many ALPA dues paying members would say ALPA has been a viable entity for the last ten or twenty years? What ever number that has been, I agree the number is plummeting.

Latest resources

Back