• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA endorses Clinton

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Compared to Bush she will be favorable to Air Line Pilot agendas...

What the GOP candidates? Are they better for pilots?

Her husband wasn't, what exactly makes you think that she would be?

What is wrong with being an American and an Air Line Pilot.... why do you have to choose? IOW, effective politics allows one to work the conflict, catch 22 or paradox. As long as you believe you have to choose we will stay in decline...

Because, like it or not, I (and many others) believe that the current Democrat party is harmful to this country. They may indeed be better for labor, although I have not seen evidence of that for many years, but I believe that they will do harm that can't be undone to the country as a whole.

I'm sorry, is he running again?

I must have missed his announcement. :rolleyes:

How about quoting my entire post and replying to it?

Her husband wasn't, what exactly makes you think that she would be?

Well,... ALPA sent a questionaire to all Preisdential candidates.. only four responded. If labor is insignificant..especially a small 60,000 member union..why would they reply.. of those four it was Clinton, Obama, Edwards and Kucinich...

Because, like it or not, I (and many others) believe that the current Democrat party is harmful to this country.

Like it or not... many others think the current GOP party is harmful to this country...

They may indeed be better for labor, although I have not seen evidence of that for many years, but I believe that they will do harm that can't be undone to the country as a whole.

So where does that leave you and the Air Line Pilot profession?

Well,... ALPA sent a questionaire to all Preisdential candidates.. only four responded. If labor is insignificant..especially a small 60,000 member union..why would they reply.. of those four it was Clinton, Obama, Edwards and Kucinich...

Like it or not... many others think the current GOP party is harmful to this country...

So where does that leave you and the Air Line Pilot profession?

I'll bet Clinton the 1st responded to his questionaire too. And he certainly didn't end up being much of a friend to us, did he? And I already told you, while it may be better for this profession to vote Democrat (although I still have not seen proof lately), as an American first I will not vote for a party that wishes to further erode my constitutional rights, or do any of the other things that I believe the Dems will do to harm this country.

I'll bet Clinton the 1st responded to his questionaire too. And he certainly didn't end up being much of a friend to us, did he?

Tell us how he was or wasn't? Fact is the phone lines from ALPA to the Clinton WH worked. What is the key to any successful relationship? communication.

And I already told you, while it may be better for this profession to vote Democrat (although I still have not seen proof lately),

Maybe you haven't tried hard enough...

as an American first I will not vote for a party that wishes to further erode my constitutional rights, or do any of the other things that I believe the Dems will do to harm this country.

So you sarcifice the profession, your ability to pay your house note, feed your family, cloth them, and improve your quality of life so you can feel good about not eroding consitutional rights...??

Can't many fingers be placed at the current party and its eroding of consitutional rights?

Again.. you are missing the tact. Vote your job. I gurantee you if you had to sell your house like many airline pilots have had to do in the last 6 years, the first thing your wife wants to know is how and why. She isn't going to be thinking about the constitution.

While you are worried about the eroding of the consitution, your mindset erodes the Air Line Pilot profession. As long as thier are many that think like you we will always be weak.

You can do both. You can protect the consitition the way you think it needs to be protected and protect the Pilot profession.. Who said you have to choose....

OK Rez, you know it all. So tell me what have the Democrats done to HELP pilots in the past 20 years? I seem to remember Clinton stopping the American pilots from striking, plus a Clinton appointed judge awarding a rather large judgement against their pilots, as well as another ruling against the United pilots. So you tell me all the great things that the Democrats have done for us.

And yes, I have tried pretty hard to try to find good things about the Democrats. Haven't found any yet.

How about making a real comparison instead of throwing an easy target under the bus?

Besides, I read the last paragraph of your post....it didn't make any sense to me.

To wit:

What the GOP candidates? Are they better for pilots?
You see, Rez, this is the number one reason that a whole bunch of people don't want anything to do with unions. Forming an alliance with an unsavory character like the never-did-a-damn-thing-in-her-life wife of Bill Clinton is just not something that a whole bunch of us aren't interested in being a part of.

We're even less interested in someone else choosing to send her our money.

I think endorsing candidates should just plain stop. Unions are hurting bad enough without alienating a large portion of their members or potential members. The way I see it, political endorsements are little more than a way for union leaders to suck up to whomever they decide to endorse.

Seriously, how many people are actually gonna be influenced by an endorsement compared to the number of people it's gonna discourage?

I don't think it's worth the effort. It's like spending $100 dollars in political for a small chance to get $25 back.

Last edited:
Tell us how he was or wasn't? Fact is the phone lines from ALPA to the Clinton WH worked. What is the key to any successful relationship? communication.

Maybe you haven't tried hard enough...

So you sarcifice the profession, your ability to pay your house note, feed your family, cloth them, and improve your quality of life so you can feel good about not eroding consitutional rights...?? Stop trying to lay a guilt trip and force your beliefs on us. YES! I have morals and my own conscience to follow. I can pay my bills just fine with or without flying!

Can't many fingers be placed at the current party and its eroding of consitutional rights?
Depends on who you ask. I.E. Wire taps to catch radical muslims=good.

Again.. you are missing the tact. Vote your job. I gurantee you if you had to sell your house like many airline pilots have had to do in the last 6 years, the first thing your wife wants to know is how and why. She isn't going to be thinking about the constitution.

I've been furloughed and kept my house, but I don't count on an airline being stable therefore I plan accordingly!

While you are worried about the eroding of the consitution, your mindset erodes the Air Line Pilot profession. As long as thier are many that think like you we will always be weak.

So what, my life has much more to it then worrying about fixing ALPA. I do my job well then go home to enjoy my life . Strength lies in chacter not in a union that is misguided from the top down. You preach unity but in reality pilots look after themselves, however, your effort to unify pilots is noble.

You can do both. You can protect the consitition the way you think it needs to be protected and protect the Pilot profession.. Who said you have to choose....
If you vote with your conscience and stand by your morals and princples how can you do both? No way I'll vote for a Dem. There's more to life then flying!

Oh, yeah... what sqwkvfr said above, goes for me too!

Last edited:
You see, Rez, this is the number one reason that a whole bunch of people don't want anything to do with unions.

But yet, you joined a profession, with free will I assume, that has a union. Why?

Forming an alliance with an unsavory character like the never-did-a-damn-thing-in-her-life wife of Bill Clinton is just not something that a whole bunch of us aren't interested in being a part of.

Again.. you joined the profession, but you don't want to work the issues? Your mentality is self defeating.

We're even less interested in someone else choosing to send her our money.

What do you mean by this? How is your money being sent to a candidate by someone?

I think endorsing candidates should just plain stop.

Why?

Unions are hurting bad enough without alienating a large portion of their members or potential members.

Hardly anyone says... "I hope I am really politically effective when I become a professional Air Line Pilot." All of the professions are politically connected. It doesn't matter which one you choose. Regardless, if you are a lawyer, doctor, etc... they are all tapped into CapHill.

And so are our companies...They give millions to politicians to get the legislation they want and they don't care about Dems, GOP, Hilary, Mitt, etc... they just do it...

The way I see it, political endorsements are little more than a way for union leaders to suck up to whomever they decide to endorse.

Wrong!.. As I said... the game in CapHill is issue orienentated.. not party. For the average citizen like you and me, it is all party polarized.. similiar to commercial branding. Coca Cola wants your allegiance to Coke, not Pepsi. However, does the GOP cater to you? Is the GOP customized to your politics?

The goal is to become issue oreintated. Let's get back to Hilary. fact is...Hilary is better for Air Line Pilot issues than any GOP candidate. So if Hilary gets elected, then Air Line Pilots should work with her on pilot issues only! On social, defense, whatever, each airline pilot should join the side of the issue that they support. Issue oriented politics is the way to go...

Seriously, how many people are actually gonna be influenced by an endorsement compared to the number of people it's gonna discourage?

A valid point.

However, that says more about the membership than ALPA. Again.. ALPA only cares about pilot legislation and will work with the politician that favors the ALPA agenda. On other issues such as health care..its up to each indivicual pilot to work that issue...

I don't think it's worth the effort. It's like spending $100 dollars in political for a small chance to get $25 back.

I cringe at your self defeatist attitude.

The money that ALPA spends is from voluntary money given to its PAC. ALPA does not use dues money. But you knew that right? :)

Money buys access and access guarantees influence. it is the way the game has been played for decades.. long before you and I. You canrefuse to play, pack up your marbles and go home, but the game will still be played and you will be effected...

Don't be branded and don't be played... work the issue.

Latest resources

Back