• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aloha Airlines files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The leaves will help minimize further Furloughs. I doubt it will happen, especially if we pick up the increased freq to CA. If there are any increases in flying those guys will get called back right away.

If someone doesnt come over and invest in Aloha, we are all gonna be in the unemployment line. The good news is, sounds like investors are lining up at the door.

If anyone comes in with their 100 mil to "save" this airline, they are gonna expect it to expand, not lose money in a saturated inter-island market or a patchy west coast service in 737s.

There are only 2 conclusions:

1. We will all be looking for new jobs.

2. A great career in a growing airline.

....either way theres nothing we can do about it except help out brothers n sisters keep their jobs until then. I dont have enough cash to send 10 guys to sim, but I can help with a flex leave.

2 cents...maybe 3

Nalo Boy said:
There are only 2 conclusions:

1. We will all be looking for new jobs.

2. A great career in a growing airline.

....either way theres nothing we can do about it except help out brothers n sisters keep their jobs until then. I dont have enough cash to send 10 guys to sim, but I can help with a flex leave.

2 cents...maybe 3

There is a MEC update on Chairmans page WRT Furloughs on AQ ALPA...

11 furloughs 1 Mar..Possible more 1 April..
Flex bids accepted till Friday....

11 furloughs 1 Mar..Possible more 1 April..
Flex bids accepted till Friday....

11 notices going out, but with the number of peoiple taking flex bids, the number of actual furloughs will be lower.`

Read the other part of the memo about the bottom thirty...

time to have our probationary party, guys!

my take on the possible 30, it is just the worst case senario if we lose two -700s. Right now the schedule already shows a little more flying in April. But if we lose an airplane or two, that will probably change. As soon as all the unions accept the TAs, maybe we can get an answer on the investor question.

The Bottom 30...has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

Furlough calls went out this morning. 11 pilots got the call.
Now we wait til the March bids are done and factor in all the flex bids to see how many actually hit the street.

This is on top of the class that got furloughed already?

Latest resources

Back