• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aloha Airlines files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
put my flex in today. It has to be in a month prior to the bid (end of Jan for Mar) and flex leaves are only approved if people are furloughed.

Easiest Bankrupcy Negotiations Ever

LATEST NEWS

8:15 AM HST Friday

IAM, Aloha Airlines have a contract

Aloha Airlines announced late Thursday night that employees had ratified a 52-month contract with District Lodge 141 of the International Association of Machinists, covering 2,250 Aloha employees.

The workers include ticket agents, reservations agents, commissary workers, clerical workers, ramp personnel, cargo employees and contract services workers.

"Our members have shown their willingness to do what is necessary to move our company forward," Lodge 141 Assistant General Chairman Randy Kauhane said.

The union and management agreed not to release details of the new contract, which is retroactive to Jan. 1 and runs through Apr. 30, 2009.

"This vote of confidence by this IAM unit tells our community and traveling public that the largest of our employee groups is committed to the future of our company," CEO David Banmiller said.

Also the second biggest: Aloha reached agreement with its pilots recently. Together, the pilots and the IAM-represented workers make up about two-thirds of Aloha's 3,700 employees.

© 2005 American City Business Journals Inc.

RJP said:
LATEST NEWS

8:15 AM HST Friday

IAM, Aloha Airlines have a contract

Aloha Airlines announced late Thursday night that employees had ratified a 52-month contract with District Lodge 141 of the International Association of Machinists, covering 2,250 Aloha employees.

DOHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They tried to spring that 2009 crap on us too...

kill whitey said:
10 people have already been furloughed since January 19th. Do they not count?

Absolutely...

Believe me I kmow how you feel...But what nobody seems to know, is this..

flex bids are designed to create job sharing, hence prevent furloughs, but can we use flex bids to " force" the company to finish the current 10 furloughee's sim training? This is the big question, I would be asking the MEC....

Bandit21 said:
Absolutely...

Believe me I kmow how you feel...But what nobody seems to know, is this..

flex bids are designed to create job sharing, hence prevent furloughs,but can we use flex bids to " force" the company to finish the current10 furloughee's sim training? This is the big question, I would beasking the MEC....

actually, people do know what the flex bids are for. the problemis they stopped their training right in the middle because the companydidnt want to pay for more training that they knew wouldnt be needed.

the company is trying to avoid spending money they dont have tospend. it'll be a tough case to get the company to fork out moremoney to train people so they can share a schedule with someone elsewhen they know they can have the schedules flown with what they havenow.

under normal circumstances of using the flexbid to offset furloughs,where everyone is already fully trained. the company doesnt loseany, or loses very little money in implementing the flexbidprogram. the only extra expenses they are paying are things likemedical insurance, but they are getting away with not paying furloughpay and, if they last long enuff, retraining costs.

believe me, i want these guys back too. but i think its going tobe a tough sell. i wouldnt give up on trying to get back on... ijust wouldnt put all your eggs in that basket and at least be workingsome other angles so you arent left hanging if it doesnt work out.

i spoke to PC as well and he wouldnt give me a number but said it is "much less than the rumor" Whew. (for now)

Question is: Which rumor?

Latest resources

Back