Aloha ʻino Mesa! Shame On You!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Beantown said:
The United contract in 98 was cancelled because of poor performance. Mesa just finished the month of October with an A-14 of 90% (on-time) in the HP system with over 99% C.C factor. Sorry, but Mesa isn't going anywhere until at least 2012. -Bean

Very true. And remember, the United contract was lost under our previous CEO, L. Risley. Under the current regime, it's grown exponentially. . . and scuttlebutt is that it's poised to grow much, much more. . . .(can you say CRJ 900?)

islandhopper said:
I'm hoping its down around 89% or south of that.
If they get their way and Island Air provides them with 'contract service' rampers, it'll be somewhere south of 50%.......

Anais Nin said:
Anyone know why Mesa's stock is so high lately? What is JO brewing over there?

All airlines are slightly up this week, on hopes of a recovery around the corner. Airlines are finally charging more for tickets and the busy travel season is upon us in about 5 days. (18th officially starts it)

Mesa stock is high because there is blood in the water. Mesa is a well known "war profiteer". As COMAIR, Whiskey, Mesaba, Pinnacle and others are parking airplanes Mesa is SPECULATED to be the winner, sliding right in and taking any flying thats left on the floor after all the damage is done.

RJP said:
If they get their way and Island Air provides them with 'contract service' rampers, it'll be somewhere south of 50%.......

And how much will mesa pay for this "service"? Maybe you guys can help lose a few bags in the process and get them sent them off to Chuuk on Air Mike.

:pimp:

islandhopper said:
Mesa dispatch reliability is still somewhere round 96.5% Numbers like that caused Frontier to broom them in 02 as well.

96.5% on the mainland! I wonder what that will become in Hawaii? Safe to gamble at least 95% or worse. I'm hoping its down around 89% or south of that.

96.5%? Please. Proof? Maybe when you worked here. What I posted is fact and I CAN prove it. How about you?

Mesa actually dumped Frontier because UAL wouldn't allow Mesa to fly for a direct competor in DEN. Do you just make up your crap? I know your mad that Mesa is coming to Hawaii, but come on. Your acting like a 2 yr old. -Bean

Beantown said:
Mesa actually dumped Frontier because UAL wouldn't allow Mesa to fly for a direct competor in DEN. Do you just make up your crap? I know your mad that Mesa is coming to Hawaii, but come on.

Whoa.....albeit hostile, that is completely accurate!!! People love to make up stuff where Mesa is concerned. I think it makes 'em feel good!

I got the numbers from Bombardiers FRACAS reports.

2005 JULY Mesa (ASH) dispatch reliability 96.45% (3rd from bottom)
Last Quarter -- 97.25% (Bottom of list)
Last 12 months 97.16% (2nd from the bottom)

Thats out of 23 CRJ-200 operators worldwide, 1005 total aircraft. I can also quote cycles, hours anything else you'd like?

OWN3D!!!

Beantown said:
96.5%? Please. Proof? Maybe when you worked here. What I posted is fact and I CAN prove it. How about you?

Mesa actually dumped Frontier because UAL wouldn't allow Mesa to fly for a direct competor in DEN. Do you just make up your crap? I know your mad that Mesa is coming to Hawaii, but come on. Your acting like a 2 yr old. -Bean

Beantown said:

And I was in DEN when Frontier Jet Express was launched. Mesa never executes well. Only 4 airplanes with sometimes two broken.

You might be right about F9 being dumped for UAL. I cant remember that for sure, I left for PHX before the F9 code got cancelled because I wasnt flying enough in DEN, no cancellation pay I was always being sent home because the $hit was always broken! I got to PHX just in time for summer where I swear 50% of the airplanes had inop'd APU's.

This, more than anything else is why I am not worried about Mesa in Hawaii. The FRACAS reports show the COMAIR airplanes JO is bragging he can get real cheap to be the highest cycles CRJ-200's on the planet. Bring it on.

synchoff said:
Man, you guys take an annomoyous "DORKING" way, way, WAY too seriously.

I therefore "UN-Dork" any offended parties.

"UN-Dork" accepted....and appreciated!:)

PHXFLYR:cool:

Latest resources

Back